RE: blood issue and media.

by avishai 91 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

"Can you also please give us a time frame involved. Knowing three JWs that have died sounds impressive but not if it is over 40 years of being in."

I was raised in the truth until I was 15. 15 year time frame. Both of my sisters nearly died in that same timeframe.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Skeeter1...so sorry to hear about your losses...

As I posted on another thread, my husband refused a blood transfusion and died. He was a mature adult and made that decision on his own. Even now, knowing what I do about the misrespresentations over the medical issues, I'm pretty sure he would have stuck with the Bible mandate (that he perceived). Just because everyone doesn't tell their story doesn't mean they don't have one.

Recently, my 80 yr old father had stomach cancer. They had to remove 1/2 of his stomach, gall-bladder, etc. and he is diabetic. He started bleeding and the doctors came in and told us all to go say our final good-byes. The drs. got in there and got the bleeding stopped and he has had a full recovery. The drs. are soooooo impressed with his comeback and think it has to do with his NOT taking blood. He has made a full recovery and going strong. My dad has faded and doesn't believe the witness teachings...but still holds out that he will not accept a blood transfusion. What hit me so hard was this 80 yr old man could pull out of that and my 45 yr old husband couldn't. Not that I want anyone to die....it's just kind of strange.

As much as I know that you would like to stop the JW's from preaching their wrongful blood doctine, I think we need to see what the legal community thinks about this essay and the merits of it. Just because we want it to work out a certain way doesn't mean that it will. Eduardo, IMO is playing devil's advocate here...and guess what? It will get a lot uglier in a courtroom!!!

I don't know how much experience you have had with legal problems and seeing the legal process at work in a courtroom, but that is a whole other world. You have to have your i's dotted and your t's crossed or they tear you apart as if in a lion's den. You can go in there with truth on your side and come out looking like a complete fool. Do you want someone to tell you that it's going to bring the WTS down and then find out that no court will even hear it? I don't like it any more than you do, but I am willing to listen to the opposing arguments that will be used by the WTS. The WTS has gone to the Supreme Court a number of times and WON on different issues...don't underestimate them.

Look how they are still winning some landmark cases in the child abuse area. I only hope that one of them will soon turn the tables!!! I think that we are all on the same side, but coming from a different perspective. Name calling doesn't help the cause and I hope that we can all get back to civil discussions without attacking one another.

Swalker

• Scully
    Scully
    notice how the blood policy mostly kills women and children?

How quickly do you think they would reverse the policy if the victims were usually self-important, heartless, old coots.

sphere, you are soooo right!

I don't think it's a coincidence that clotting factors that are used to treat hemophilia were the very first blood fractions that the WTS gave its blessing for JWs to use. The incidence for hemophilia is 1:7500 for males and 1:25,000,000 for females. That means for each female with hemophilia, there are over 3,000 males who are affected. About 17,000 people in the US have hemophilia.

Most of the 130,000 deaths annually due to postpartum hemorrhage occur in developing countries (where the WTS is experiencing most of its growth at this time). An otherwise healthy woman can be dead within 2 hours of the onset of a postpartum hemorrhage if aggressive treatment is not initiated at the outset.

Does anyone think that this insane blood policy would be in place if JW men were dying from postpartum hemorrhage, instead of women?

It just goes to show how poorly women are valued in this cult.

http://www.planetwire.org/files.fcgi/3439_BPpph-Jn01e.pdf

http://www.ikm.jmu.edu/Buttsjl/ISAT493/Hemophilia/hemophiliaincidence.html

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Scully it is not a bad idea. Silentlambs serves as a place for victims of sexual abuse to provide their stories so perhaps a website along those lines that would be solely dedicated to documenting the stories and losses from adhering to the blood doctrine. I don't think I would be the one to do it. But I might add a section to the site I am developing that could serve as a record for those who wish to share. It seems more natural that Lee Elder's group should add a section. I know that some have posted their experience in the guestbook there.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Oro, most statistical hypotheses start with an estimate. So it is not an exercise in futility to make a very conservative guess at how many lives have been lost, based on the population at large.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I lost a good friend to loss of blood; he had an undetected bleeding ulcer.

There ya go, Oro.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

Here is a stat for you

The WT says 100% of these kids died. When they change thier Blood doctrin everyone should remind them of this Awake over and over and over again. Then ask "who made the mistake God or the org?"

D Dog

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

I personally know a few dear freinds who died because of the WTS Blood BS, the first one was in the late 70's he was about 12 years old, he got Leukemia and died from not getting a transfusion his family and the congregation was very proud that he died faithful, it was very sad. The second was a freind who was in my KH he was around 19 he also got Leukemia and also died because of refusing a blood transfusion, it was very sad to see this very gentle and kind person waste away and die in the prime of his life, all because of some dumb religion.

Then there's my freinds mom who died recently also from Leukemia, she also refused blood and died, at least she got to live, have kids and see them grow up, the others were not so fortunate.

I think we should start a thread and post how many of us know people that died because of this erroneous teaching, it would be interesting to see the numbers at the end.

About this Eduardo Esq. character, I don't know, I too have always wondered about him, he sounds like he could be on the WTS payroll . He said that if the blood policy was changed he would probably go back, after all the WTS dirty laundry that's been aired out here I don't see how he could say that, something just doesn't seem right about him. Sorry Eduardo, I hope I'm wrong about you.

IC

• MerryMagdalene
  • MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

...I don't know what happened to my post...try again...

even Jehovah's Witnesses would refuse to obey the blood doctrine if they were losing that many members a year. Because many of those personally touched by such a tragedy recognize the error in the doctrine a loss of a thousand or more a year would have such a massive fall-out in membership that it would be immediately obvious.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But if they really cared that much about loss in membership, wouldn't they stop DFing, or at least stop DFing repentent members, stop hunting down and DFing faders, and show a little more Christian love and respect for the members who DO stay? IMO they don't care about retaining anyone whose life (and death) they can't control 100%. (see the We Are Hemhorraging thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/91267/1.ashx)

My heartfelt sympathy to all who have suffered trauma and loss due to unloving, unchristian, unscriptural, and insane doctrines

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit