GET REAL PEOPLE !!

by Simon 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The core of this issue is the "WRONGFUL DEATHS OF THE CHILDREN AND ALL THE OTHERS COMBINED," see the book "BLOOD ON THE ALTAR" by David Reed. This announcement is on the right path.

Blueblades

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This is not a "sexy" revelation. By that I mean there is no videotape, no smoking gun and nothing by which one can emotionally be drawn to the issue. Forgive the poor analogy, but when Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation he (and the announcement) was met with total apathy. In retrospect what that proclamation did was to alter the cause of the war changing from a war between the states over states' rights to a Civil War involving the enslavement of millions of people. This subtle but important difference kept England and France from aiding the Confederacy (and in all likelihood allowing the North to win the war) as Lincoln's announcement gave the North the moral high ground. Why should England and France support a nation that brutally enslaves millions of people? Appearance, and the moral high ground, is the rock upon which many a movement has been built. See Mahatma Ghandi and Martin Luther King for examples.

What this article does is expose the Society for things that we, as EX-JW's, take for granted and that which the average person on the street knows nothing: that this is a cynical, hard-bitten organization bent on growth and profit. It uses and disposes of people at a whim and will appeal to the better angels of our nature in order to advance their own massively corrupt and despicable agenda.

We have all experienced this madness and cruelty. We know what they are. But the world at large doesn't. Why? Mainly because, at best, Jehovah's Witnesses are viewed as a fringe group that can be viewed by liberals as a benign, if not annoying, group and by conservatives as the epitome of religious tolerance because they are so annoying when they go door-to-door. What neither side realizes is the tremendous emotional, physical and spiritual damage this sect causes. Now, FOR THE FIRST TIME, an authoritative source that is respected and listened to, by the legal establishment exposes the evil mindset and absolute corruptness of these people.

Do you not realize what a tremendous tool this article is?!!!!!!

In the right hands, those of people in the legal field, those who can make changes to law (and that which affects all of us) this article is objective third-party opinon, and I daresay circumstantial proof, that Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT the high-minded, idealistic (if not misguided) zealots they would have the world at large believe about them.

No. They are worse. Much worse.

What this objective, third-party account shows is the cynical depth, the absolute depravity to which they will sink in order to further their agenda, widen their sphere of influence and with all stunning and cold-heartedness evilness throw thousands of innocent men, women and children into the fire, literally ordering them to their death, so that their little kingdom is kept safe and money continues to flow. How many thousands of people have died because of this policy? And now, finally, someone who is objective, and respected, steps forward and tells the world that the emporer has no clothes.

It amazes me that so many fail to realize what a huge development this is.

Rome wasn't built in a day, nor was it destroyed in a day.

I'll crawl back into my hole now.

Chris

• Maryjane
    Maryjane
    I thought it was rather childish the way many were slobbering over the news. REALLY big news doesn't need a precursor. Think about it.

That's the point!! That's why some are disappointed at the scope of the news (not the news itself which is, in fact, good news)...because there was the precursor of a sensational headline. I admit I got excited and excuse me for doing so! I just get excitable when I imagine anything that will hurt the WTBTS. My sense of justice demands I rejoice when justice is served!

• Urbanparadise
    Urbanparadise

Simon has the right point as do those who read the essay AND any helpful comments i.e (2 out of many) -

"But think of all the family members who are not JWs that lost family members due to the WTS policy. Think of all the non-JW family members fighting to have a blood transfusion administered to a JW family member.

It is hard to have an opinion when we have not read the whole writing. Perhaps it would be good to read it first.

Blondie" ~ http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/103578/1.ashx

&

"This really is a big deal.

The Journal of Church and State is a prestigious law journal read by a huge number of judges, including State and Federal Supreme Court judges.

What is needed now is massive publicity to get the word out to JWs and ex-JWs who have been harmed by the Watchtower's ridiculous and deceitful blood policy.

Think about this: willfully misrepresenting medical facts that result in a wrongful death is, I think, a form of murder. There are no statutes of limitations on murder.

AlanF" ~ http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/103353/45.ashx

'Implications in court' ~ if the nature of JW doctrine is altered by a representative of the WTS in court: Even if it's just for the record to satisfy their own legal interests, official notes and transcripts will be available to be used against the WTBTS - from their own mouth against their own word/s - (check their own literature on subject).

Most are feeling frustration which has shown in their posts. Like myself, many just want the borg to melt in Satan's furnace and any hint of anti-Watchtower ammo is too eagerly awaited, thinking it will bring down the WTS like Jericho! (ffs - lol)

All of us can use this as a tool in some way! Even if it, PERSONALLY, doesn't have the impact we expected. Trust me, and soooo many others, this can wack some proper deep nails in the WTS coffin that even if there was a resurrection, they aint gettin out.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Heck this is great news, sure things may not happen from it right away but it leaves me with a great feeling that soon someday they are hopefully going to have to file bankruptcy....YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

I happened upon this whole "Big News" issue a couple of days ago, when I made one of my rare visits to this site. I read page after page of speculation, teases, counter-arguments, more teases etc. I will admit I was slightly curious. I say slightly, because I don't really care what happens to the WTS. I have family who are in the JW's and who shun me, but that was their decision, not mine. We all live with it, and I'm fine with that.

What hit me as truly pathetic was the degree to which posters got caught up in this "Big News". Some couldn't sleep. Others were having their jobs effected. I read speculation that involved terrorists, homosexuality, hurricane Katrina, everything short of the WTS killing JFK. What a joke this must be to loyal JW's who (naughty as it is) lurk on this site, or the JW management in New York who "keep their enemies close" by watching this site.

When the "Big News" is finally revealed, it turns out to be a dud. An essay about the JW's misrepresenting facts? That's news? I've known that for years. So it is about the blood issue this time. So what! Does anyone really think this is going to matter? JW's abstain from blood for scriptual reasons (although they are wrong, it is their right to believe what they want) Any JW will tell you that they would abstain because of scripture, not medical reasons. The fact that they misrepresented the dangers of blood transfusions will mean nothing, as this is not the motivation for abstinence.

You want to sue them over this? Go for it. But as any large corporation would do, they will drag this out until they have bled every last cent you have, and in the end, you will lose everything.

You want to see the effects of "Big News"? Dropping the whole 1914 generation thing a decade ago was "big news". The WTS's involvement with the UN was "big news". The degree of pedophilia in the WTS was "big news". What did all these authentic "big news" issues result in? Not much. You honestly think an essay from a new lawyer with a chip on her shoulder, published in a minor journal from a Bible college is going to do anything? What a joke.

There is only one way that the WTS will be brought down, and I have seen it repeated numerous times, yet no one seems to have caught it. Follow the money. Find out where the hundreds of millions of dollars are going. What are they investing in? Does it conflict with the Bible? I have read speculation about the WTS investing in companies that build high tech military hardware. If you can prove something along those lines, then you have "Big News" that will hurt. How do you think the average JW would feel if he knew his contributions were building bombs that were killing innocent civilians on the other side of the globe?

Of course all of this is just the opinion of someone who doesn't really care about any of this. There are "bigger fish to fry" in this struggle called life.

So flame away...

Stan (who is disappearing back into the shadows)

Since few, if any, of us have read the article, we should all withhold judgment. Even if the article doesn't reveal anything new, it will draw at least some attention to the Watchtower within the legal field. If even one lawsuit is filed, based on the legal analysis in that article, and said lawsuit happens to be successful, it will open the floodgates to more of the same. I've done a lot of reading on the subject, but I've never come across a law review article specifically on the subject of a legal theory for bringing suit against the Watchtower. Even if the article turns out to be nonsense, it will make people think, and who knows, someone might think of a way to do this that actually does work.

I've never met Barb, but I applaud her for her efforts and feel very sorry that some here have chosen to diss her over this news. If you're reading this, Barb, I love you and hope that you continue your efforts against the Watchtower!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

This topic is being discussed on another forum. A Jehovah's Witness apologist is defending the Watchtower's stance. Take a look.

http://www.profindsearch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

As JW's we listened intently to "mother" for any small slice of "new light".....how pathetic is it that some still hold to now hearing any shread of anything about "new apostate light" like attention starved 8 year olds? I guess you can't take the Kingdumb Hall out of some Ex-JW's, thus proving my thread from a couple of days ago. Their new religion is Anti-Jehovah Witness'ism. I am starting to feel like this again: . REM LYRICS "Losing My Religion"

Life is bigger
    It's bigger than you
    And you are not me
    The lengths that I will go to
    The distance in your eyes
    Oh no I've said too much
    I set it up

That's me in the corner
    That's me in the spotlight
    Losing my religion
    Trying to keep up with you
    And I don't know if I can do it
    Oh no I've said too much
    I haven't said enough
    I thought that I heard you laughing
    I thought that I heard you sing
    I think I thought I saw you try

Every whisper
    Of every waking hour I'm
    Choosing my confessions
    Trying to keep an eye on you
    Like a hurt lost and blinded fool
    Oh no I've said too much
    I set it up

Consider this
    The hint of the century
    Consider this
    The slip that brought me
    To my knees failed
    What if all these fantasies
    Come flailing around
    Now I've said too much
    I thought that I heard you laughing
    I thought that I heard you sing
    I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream
    That was just a dream

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Tell you what Stan, go follow the money since you are passionate about that. I'll stick with this one since I'm not you. That way, I don't feel like you are trying to stuff me into your box, and I won't try to stuff you in mine. Okay?

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit