GET REAL PEOPLE !!

by Simon 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sf
    sf

[ edited to correct spelling only ]

Those who are moving and shaking the foundation of the WTBTS BOOK PUBLISHING FRAUD to expose its blatant deadly policies for what they truly are in nature...murderous, are easy to criticize while sitting and only expecting the movers and shakers to get it done, yet just not fast enough for you.

Barb does not deserve this crap.

Some of you are lazy and your expectations of others doing your research seems that you think it is somehow owed to you. That we won't mind if you cheat and look at OUR notes. Well, some of us do. GOOGLE YOUR OWN DAMN HOMEWORK. I had to. Still do. If you don't want to take the time out of your precious internet experience everyday and do your own footwork, don't come here with the expectation that we will happily oblige you in that regard.

I'm sure those spouting their disrespect for Mrs. Anderson have STILL not taken time to read anything about her, if not her entire history. Oh, but that would take precious time that could be spent bitching about how your expectations were shattered. LOL

What are YOU doing to expose the murderous policies? Besides boohooing because YOUR expectations let YOU down. YOU hyped yourSELF up. You could have chosen the more relaxed reaction. Yet, you chose to get yourself all excited. You then hen blame Barb for your re-action and expectations.

As Simon says: GET REAL PEOPLE!

Get off your complaining and disappointed asses and start making a dent in saving innocent childrens lives. Or shut the hell up and move on to another topic other than this one.

[ Mods, do with my post what you see fit...I just needed to 'vomit' that out. It was kinda stuck and just came a rushin' up...and out]

sKally

• Gerard
    Gerard
    No one ever said this would cause a mass exodus of loyal dubs. That was never implied!

Really? (I don't need to quote the author...):

• Please do get your hopes up. Yes, it's bigger than a breadbox!
    • You will be shocked at what WT did when you find out.
    • I believe it will be a Time magazine cover story.
    • It is very important information and if I was still a JW and found out about this, I really believe I would immediately walk away from the WT and never look back. I sincerely hope that thousands upon thousands do just that when they read for themselves how they have been bamboozled, duped and hoodwinked!
    • I was angry, then happy that they have been caught!

Geez! Do you mean that the WT is not really the direct channel of communication to God and they just made up the blood doctrine and now we finally know the truth thanks to the release of this journal article?

Wanna get real?

Follow the money.

• Maryjane
    Maryjane
    Barbara's recomendation to "read a good essay" would have sifficed instead of blowing it out of proportions, anouncing it as historic, and then blaming us for lack of fireworks.

Exactly! It's all in the delivery. Most of the "backlash" is from people feeling let-down. The information itself is wonderful and *might* just lead to something big, but only time will tell (and LOTS of time).

Now as for activism and raising awareness among JW's I'm a little stumped about how to do that with THIS particular information. We tell them the WTBTS lied about the medical facts in the blood brochure. In my JW hey-day I would have (a) not believed them or (b) refer to the scripture in Acts about abstaining from blood....can't argue that one (at least to a JW). I guess I'll just have to find those on the "fringes" and hope they're looking for any excuse to get out.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    how should this have been taken? i understand that it was expressed as a hope, but doesn't that give the impression that it IS a possibility? what expectations should someone with family still in have had after reading this?

doogie, I know you are being sincere. I understand why some were more hopeful than the clues were actually indicating. However, thousands upon thousands may not be unreasonable. I know, for myself, two nights ago I had helped four people out of the org and was helping one more. Today, I am helping four.

If you do nothing with the information, the information will do nothing. NOBODY was promised that the thousands would leave without any effort. I hope thousands upon thousands leave even after hearing the news. Is that more or less likely if we spend energy and time being disappointed it wasn't what we thought?

That said, I do wish there had been no promotion prior. I don't think there is anything the WTS can do to prevent this from hitting them hard, in the short term, and I don't think anyone would have been disappointed if the announcement had held off until publication.

I also admit that I experienced flashbacks to the bOrg as time wore on and I realized there was an elect group of initiated and those who knew nothing. An unfair comparison, probably. But I don't see the need in this to create a class distinction between those who are in the inner circle and those who were not. The ramp up thread is what created that distinction, and it may have harmed the eventual cause. If I didn't know I was left out, I wouldn't have felt left out.

AuldSoul

• undercover
    undercover
    YOU hyped yourSELF up. You could have chosen the more relaxed reaction. Yet, you chose to get yourself all excited. Then blame Barb for your re-action and expectations.

I'm going to admit something...I did let myself get too excited over this.

But I didn't hype it up. The very first post indicating something "BIG" was happening started the hyping. I tried to stay guarded about it as much as possible.

But I wanted to believe it really was as "BIG" as it was made out to be. It wasn't. Not to say that it can't cause some impact later on.

It was stated in the first post by Ms. Anderson that if she read this while still in, she would think seriously about walking away. There's nothing, in my opinion, in this that will make the average JW sit up and take notice.

But I don't blame her for anything. She, along with others, have done a lot of work. I hope it pays off in the long run, and I appreciate it very much. Every little bit helps in forming an overall larger case against the WTS.

But I have as much right to express my disappointment as do those who welcome this news as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Grow up you guys.

This is the thin edge of the wedge; it is a peer reviewed article.

Give it time. It may be more important than Dateline.

• Maryjane
    Maryjane
    Besides boohooing because YOUR expectations let YOU down. YOU hyped yourSELF up.

WHOA! Now if that doesn't sound like JW rhetoric I don't know what does...YiKEs!

• doogie
    doogie
    That said, I do wish there had been no promotion prior. I don't think there is anything the WTS can do to prevent this from hitting them hard, in the short term, and I don't think anyone would have been disappointed if the announcement had held off until publication.

i think that's probably the main (only?) issue for many (all?).

• Legolas
    Legolas
    I think that's all we've been doing is expressing opinions on the "big news". Any small step that leads to the demise of the WTBTS is a step in the right direction, but IMHO this news did NOT deserve all the hype the author built up around it. I appreciate her giving us the heads up on new developments but I honestly didn't like "having my chain yanked" as someone else put it.

I could not have put that any better Maryjane, thanks!

• sf
    sf

undercover,

I appreciate your post. Thank you for doing the same.

And yes, you DID hype/ excite yourself up, as you admit above. Or is there a clear difference between the two?

Can one be hyped, yet calm at the same time?

Because that I how I feel right now. Like, the Calm before The Storm.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit