GET REAL PEOPLE !!

by Simon 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Well said Gerry, and Avi? I will post one up for printing ( I must warn ya though its just my small time attempts)

• atypical
    atypical

I agree with you, Simon. Why complain about the few people who are actually taking action? If someone has something better happening right now, why not bring it forth? As for the comment that some of the xjws have not changed, I agree in a way. I think some of them just want somebody to come in and fix their problems for them. It's not going to happen. Why not spend the energy thinking of ways to support the spread of Barbara's news?

The "Big News" to me is not so much the content of that article, but the fact that it is being published in a journal read by many lawyers. I haven't read the article and will not comment on it based merely on the excerpts herein, however, I like the idea that this gets those with a mind towards litigation against the JWs thinking. Remember, folks, that JWs are really not a big deal to the world at large. Few know anything about them. This article helps in that regard because it draws attention to at least one of the negative aspects of this cult.

What were people expecting? I don't feel let down. I knew that the news would not possibly be the demise of the JW cult. But it is another stone thrown at the Watchtower. And for that, I am thankful.

Keep throwing stones, people. One day, we might reduce the Watchtower to a pile of rubble, but it won't happen if no one takes the initiative.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Why complain about the few people who are actually taking action?

Some of us keep in perspective this assay is only one citizen's view, not a politician lobying for a legislation against the WT. We all agree that every bit helps and I do not believe anybody complains about the assay publication but the exagerated hype it was advertized while KNOWING that any effect would be a very long shot (at best) but instead it was presented as "thousands and thousands of JWs will read it and will leave the WT in disgust".

The preceding marching band was way too much to present someone's essay. That's all.

• Simon
    Simon

I still don't think some people 'get it'.

Yes, they are all in a frenzy when some mixed up woman makes some accusations in the a streeet through a megaphone before she dies. In reality, this means NOTHING.

This article will be read by judges and lawyers and exposes a soft vulnerable underbelly of the WTS.

At the very LEAST they will have to change their doctrines IMO and this itself has implications ...

Did they change doctrines because of Dateline? No

Did they change doctrines because of the UN scandal? No

None of these things affected rank and file - they could be ignored.

If this forces changes on them then that cannot be ignored by the rank and file and they will notice the 180 degree turn on "die because fo this" to "oh, it's nothing important". The WT cover with faces of kids who have died because of their teachings can and should come back to haunt them. They should pay a heavy price for their deaths.

I think people need to read and then re-read the complete article and then consider the implications and what it means longer term to the WTS and it's members.

Sure, it's not as immediiately as attention grabbing as "president of the WTS raped me" but it's a hell of a lot more important and hard hitting.

• sf
    sf
    I haven't read the article and will not comment on it based merely on the excerpts herein

Exactly.

Finally!! A voice of reason and intelligence.

It isn't even online yet, for god sakes. It should be tomorrow, however. And if you ordered it, like I have, it will not arrive until early January {Barb can correct me if I'm wrong on this}.

sKally

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    At the very LEAST they will have to change their doctrines IMO and this itself has implications ...

I'd like to see them change their doctrines on blood, and many other things. But couldn't a drastic change in the blood doctrine be interpreted as an admission of culpability, possibly opening the way to even more lawsuits? They could stand to lose either way.

I think any change in this doctrine will be decided between the legal and accounting departments.

I just got my copy so I'll be spending the evening reading it.

W

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

I still haven't read the entire essay (will probably download & read over the weekend) but it could produce big results in 2 ways: First, if the legal community picks this up and takes it seriously, the WTBTS might be forced to change the blood doctrine, making it a matter of conscience, then JW's will leave by the droves (esp those who've had loved ones die on account of it). New light is one thing, but this light would be too hot for most to bear. Secondly, the lawsuits...(new ones and it might make ongoing ones easier to prosecute?) But a question...Barbara has mentioned activisim and writing letters to the GB...if we do blast them with thousands of letters, do you think that will seriously influence them to change the policy?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

To all people who say you already knew everything that is in the essay:

So you already knew how the WT can be successfully sued over the Blood doctrine?? Not just sued, but massively sued? Forcing them to loose tons of $$$, be seen as the liars they are, change how they teach the blood doctrine and possibly even change the doctrine, thereby saving lives???

Well then why the heck didn't you share it with us long ago?!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    First over-excitement, then disappointment, then anger at the bearer.

Yes...........I agree!

That is what I felt when I first read the BIG NEWS!

I refrained from making any comment until the BIG NEWS came out.

I'm not impressed at all and am quite dissapointed in the zeal that BA came across with.........and that is after I made a post degrading a fellow poster who expressed his dissapointment.......all in order to uphold the character of BA. I am sorry to you......fellow poster.........for dissing you.

The entire build-up just reminds me of the BS of some NEW LIGHT we alll awaited from the conventions we attended.

I really hope I am WRONG in my feelings about this, but for the life of me.............I can't understand how this could compare to the Dateline expose'.

In my humble opinion...........this will mean nothing at all. Everyone is looking for the smoking gun that will destroy the WTBTS............but it isn't going to happen with this so-called BIG NEWS.

If you can..............PLEASE.......prove me wrong. Before you write nasty posts to me...........please let me know how and if my thinking is wrong.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit