What is God's true organization he is using? if this not it, then point me

by amommy 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

The belief that the creator of the universe needs a human orgainization, is almost cute in a way. It stops being cute when it gets violent.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

If you believe in Christ and the Bible some form of Christianity would be the logical choice. The Bible doesn't speak of an organization but it does speak of the New Covenant. In Jewish times God's people were members of the Old Covenant. Jeremiah as you know says God would do away with that covenant and that HIS PEOPLE would be in a New Covenant with him. It is not any organization that the Bible speaks of but this Covenant. You simply must accept Christ's invitation to be members of the New Covenant in order to be a Christian. The Bible does not teach about any other type of Christian. Since 99.7% of JWs have not accepted Christ's invitation it does not sound to me like they are Christians in the Biblical sense.

Ask your husband who was God's organization in the first century before 33 ce. He will probably say the Jews. Ask which ones. There were as many Jewish denominations (sects) in the first century as there are Christian denominations today. Christ made no destinction even though their beliefs were quite at odds with one another. If he didn't chose between denominations then why would he now?

Men tell you not to question, Christ said don't be misled. Keep looking.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

First thing every person leaving or questioning the JWs should do is take some time and ask themselves, What happend? Here is a list of unhealthy methods of recruitment and control: Cult Characteristics

Don't be put off with the use of the word 'cult'. Lables are not important, the manipulation is. If the JWs engage in even some of these techniques then they are a group that should be avoided. Most of the worst examples of cults used only some of these methods.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Slave

A gift of Law and Judgment under the Almighty GOD

You think the law and judgment are a gift? Why does the Bible say it is a curse?

Neh 10:29

They cleaved to their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse, and into an oath, to walk in God's law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the LORD our Lord, and his judgments and his statutes;

Gal 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse...

D Dog

• lime05
    lime05

I dont believe that God is using any organization here on earth. The bible was written by men. Religions say it's content is true and from God because it saids so. Um...no one can see the error in that? Thats iron-fisted dictatorship in human terms.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

JW'S are quite clearly not THE one and only true religion. But I believe there are indeed genuine born-again, anointed Christians to be found in their midst, but also in the midst of other groups too. Perhaps Jehovah will gather them all in due course into one group in the future, perhaps not?

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Welcome amommy!

Some of my favorite articles for addressing the "we need an organization" argument are found here:

http://www.brci.org/publications.html

An excellent book (a quick read) called Captives of a Concept is available for purchase in .pdf format. It cuts to the chase and provides ideas on discussing this idea with others using the Proclaimers book.

• Slave1111
    Slave1111
    Slave
    A gift of Law and Judgment under the Almighty GOD

You think the law and judgment are a gift? Why does the Bible say it is a curse?

Neh 10:29

They cleaved to their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse, and into an oath, to walk in God's law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the LORD our Lord, and his judgments and his statutes;

Gal 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse...

D Dog

At the beginning of my journey and testing, Jehovah informed me that we would have a Love/Hate relationship. I later understood the meaning when I felt hatred within my being originating from satan and his demons, as they were being Judged by the Almighty GOD JAH. This holds true to the law where one reaps what they sow.

What do you think? Is it a curse to be a sacrifice or a gift of love? The gift of Love comes from those willing to be a sacrifice in order to cleanse the sins of others, just as Jesus Christ did when he died upon the tree. Jesus felt and bore all sins which included those caused by satan and man. This is what is meant when he cryed out to his Father as he felt that he was being forsaken by Him.

The Faithful Slave

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Welcome amommy and so sorry you are going through such a dificult time. Most everyone thus far has offered wonderful advice and I have very little to add. I searched the Scriptures after leaving, researched the original languages, studied them on my own, learned about the culture of the time the Bible was written. After years of this I found Bible truths that totally differs from what I was taught as a JW . The biggee for me was the person of Christ. I found the bible represents Jesus as being devine, Deity. The Organization doesn't want their followers having personal relationships with Jesus, they want every JW to have personal relationships with THEM.

What gives my life purpose now as a believer is actively helping others one on one, and by taking part and organizing charities. There is so much suffering in the world that to live a life handing out magazines and slaving for a book publishing company was never going to fulfill my desire to help make the world a better place. We got this scripture drilled into our heads as a JW ; faith without works is dead. But James goes on to say that works without charity are dead works. What are works? Handing out magazines? Are we saved by our works? Not according to the Bible. They merely give our lives purpose. Works; doing good for those in need. Having unconditional love. Love is the fulfillment of everything.

~Kate

PS. key words to study if you'r into it; worship, theos, logos, first-born those are a great place to start. Where do they appear, did the New World Translation change the english word in different passages and why. Alpha and Omego is a fun one also.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

btw, first-born does not mean created it means pre-emminent in Greek. Oh there is so much to relearn! Enjoy the journey, buckle your seat belts you may be in for the ride of your life.

Love~Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit