What is God's true organization he is using? if this not it, then point me

by amommy 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• amommy
    amommy

Please Help! I have been a JW all my life, my sister and I are now in our late twenties and are so unhappy and after desparate attempts to keep up meeting attendance are not spiritually motivated. We in last few weeks have found some very disturbing things in our search such as the UN involvement. After research on these things and use of the WT library the society speaks for it's self on these issues calling the UN the "Disgusting Thing" that the book of Daniel spoke about(WT 85' Para. 12) They are clearly in the wrong! Now with that said when I brought this to my husband's attenton among other things. He said Jehovah uses imperfect men to bring about his purposes of witnessing his name in all the earth and that if this is not the right religion then show me who is? he says according to scripture Jehovah will use an earthly organization to bring about his will. Can anyone identify his thinking and give me some ideas on how to examine this further? He was raised in the truth all his life as well and is third generation in. I will say he does show signs of seeing a new reality. My mother has already wrote us off as apostates ,even though everything we brought her was backed up with extensive researched facts!

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

I highly , HIGHLY, recommend Ray Franz book 'Crisis of Conscience'. You can't imagine how much it will help you see the truth about 'the truth'. He says everything in a kind respectful way backed up with much proof.

It is a false concept that there is only one true religious organization & one must choose between JW & some other organization, which of course we have always been taught. I spent 40 yrs very involved in WTS. Ray explains it much better than I ever could.

Keep looking. You will be rewarded.

B

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Welcome.

Well here is the way I think about it. There are most assuredly people who are truly dedicated (but perhaps mistaken) to Jehovah and in possession of repentant hearts outside the org.

Additionally, there are unquestionably people who are within the JW who are not truly dedicated to Jehovah and in possession of a repentant heart.

So you must ask yourself, would Jesus have a pure or impure organization for the sake of making it visibly human? Isn't it more likely that Jesus is interested in those that have truly repented and come to him for salvation?

Does it make sense that Jesus would grant salvation to those who have not repented but were in the right group? Does it make sense that he would destroy his faithful ones just because they mistakenly

I therefore think the one true group is all of those who have repented from sin and practiced faith in him.

CYP

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

unfortunately, facts dont mean anything to witnesses... if it's against the org., it's apostasy. as far as your husband saying that there must be an organisation to fulfill the purpose of christianity, where does the bible say that? jesus said as long as there are two or three gathered in his name, he is there. the scripture concerning the faithful and discreet slave is vague and rhetorical. it has nothing to do with a modern-day prophet, which the watchtower considers itself.

this is a lengthy topic, but there are many posts on this subject... do a search and you might find something that will help you. good luck!

bethel

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

You're discovering that the Watchtower lied to you. That's a tough spot to be in. The real trouble is, now you have to figure out what was a lie and what wasn't.

One of the lies is that there is "One True Religion". Not only are they not it, but there isn't one at all. As mentioned, Ray Franz (former Governing Body member) does a good job dismantling the structure of lies the Watchtower has built up. He has two books out, "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom". I recommend you get and read both of them, starting with "Crisis". (Note that most people disagree with Ray on some point or other, he's not the Apostate Governing Body or anything. Just a guy with some inside information on the Watchtower.)

Another lie we were taught is that there exists a thing called "apostate reasoning". There is no such thing. Reasoning is reasoning, no matter the source. If you don't trust the source, examine the reasoning all the more closely. But reject it outright because of its source? No way.

Welcome to the forum! And believe it or not, things get better from here.

Dave

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

amommy - i just wanted to welcome you and your sister to the board. Be thankful that you have each other even if your mum has written you off. I too am a write off, but only learnt things like the UN hypocrasy in the last year even though I've been out for years.

hugs crumpet x

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome! Maybe something in here will help... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/94276/1.ashx

~Merry

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Amommy -

First of all welcome to the forum.

I agree with the rec to read Franz' book[s]. That did it for me, after years of doubts. His reasoning is clear and not venomous.

Also to help dispel the concept of God using the WTS as his agency, I recommend Captives of a Concept (Anatomy of an Illusion) by Don Cameron.

For me it seems fairly clear from John 14:6 that it is Jesus he is using not any man made religion. But who am I to speak? It took me 40 years of believing the lies before I woke up. I no longer look for the place or people [as in a single community] where God is active - I look to the reality of the parable Jesus spoke - the wheat would be scattered among the weeds of Christianity.

Stick around - you will learn and grow here. But remember this - leaving a cult is a process [slow, deliberate] not a moment in time.

Jeff

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

amommy,

The Christians bore the name of Christ into the world. The King of the Kingdom we are supposedly announcing is Christ. The evildoer asked to be remember when Christ got into HIS kingdom, so the Kingdom itself belongs to Christ.

Your husband said God's purpose is for us to Witness to His name? Wow. That surely confuses a lot of New Testament Scriptures. The Christians thought they were supposed to be bearing Christ's name. "Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." (Acts 4:12)

The head of every man is Christ.

Does your husband talk to his head? Does he let you talk to him? Just curious.

You asked to be pointed in the right direction:

"Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs." (Psalm 146:3)

"The woman said to him: 'Sir, I perceive you are a prophet. Our forefathers worshiped in this mountain; but YOU people say that in Jerusalem is the place where persons ought to worship.' Jesus said to her: 'Believe me, woman, The hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will YOU people worship the Father. YOU worship what YOU do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation originates with the Jews. Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.'" (John 4:19-24)

"Jesus said to him: 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If YOU men had known me, YOU would have known my Father also; from this moment on YOU know him and have seen him.'" (John 14:6-7)

I would point you in the right direction, but it would only be my opinion. I can't save you. To my credit, at least I am not lying to you about that.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• bebu
    bebu
    he says according to scripture Jehovah will use an earthly organization to bring about his will. Can anyone identify his thinking and give me some ideas on how to examine this further?

Better double-check that odd detail.

The NT tells of the Holy Spirit directing the people of God. In the NT Jesus established the church. You won't even find the word "earthly organization" anywhere in the entire Bible at all. If you want to be pointed, may I suggest the comment that Peter made when Jesus asked his disciples if they would abandon him. Look at what Peter said... very, very carefully.

Oh, and you need to read Ray Franz's books, as first suggested!!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit