How would JWs run a country if they had one?

by Spectrum 52 Replies latest jw friends

• lime05
    lime05

Well would that country have any political involvement(s) if dubs did have the run of a country.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It would mostly be scenes from 'Animal Farm' and '1984', except for the pigs learning to walk on their hind legs; innovation is too scary

• bebu
    bebu

They're planning to run "paradise earth" eventually...

But think about how clean the windows would be!!!

LOLOL!

• Simon
    Simon

It would be like the Taleban. Some of their laws were good but on the whole I wouldn't want any religious group in power.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Maybe they'd bring stoning back? Or can you imagine some little leper colony of shunned people? If they didnt try to throw them out of the country entirely. Though if I was the world I'd close immigration to anyone from a JW nation-state.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

All interesting replies,

the gist of which is that they will basically run it much like the Israelites did there totalitarian state.

I shows that they are an archaic Law based religion and really too anachronistic for true christianity.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    gringojj There was a WT once where they said the only reason they dont stone apostates to death is because it breaks the current laws.
    Super_Becka Ooo, can someone find me a reference for that statement?? Maybe the publication information (date, page number, etc.) or better yet, does someone have a scan of the article that states that??

Here's the quote:

"We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS."

"Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws."

"The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof."

Watchtower November 15th 1952

Wow, I didn’t think the love of Christ meant that you really want to do something and the only thing holding you back is the Law. I thought it meant that you wouldn’t even want to do do such a thing, that it wouldn’t come up into your heart…

Oh well, as a non-believer, i'm sure that aspect of the love of Christ hasn't been revealed to me...

• TopHat
    TopHat
    "The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof."

Watchtower November 15th 1952

That is a scary thought....They are mad I tell you MAD! Full of hate and bitterness! I can't believe 6 million people follow this cult and a Jim Jones way of thinking.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Thanks for the quote, dorayakii, that was just what I wanted to see.

Here I was, thinking that killing people was wrong, no matter what, but the WTS clearly states that if it was legal, they'd be killing apostates left, right and centre!! You know, sometimes I think I'm following a different God, because I'm sure that my God would never allow His people to want to kill others for their beliefs just because they're different.

And seriously, the more I read about the WTS, the scarier the organization is and the harder it is for me to believe that there are actually millions of people out there who believe this stuff without question.

Thanks again, dorayakii!!

-Becka :)

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

doayakii,

may the quote "The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates" maybe they are answering the question of why apostates are not under draconian laws, rather than your interpretation of "we'd like to kill them if only we could legally get our hands on them."

Does anybody agree with me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit