How would JWs run a country if they had one?

by Spectrum 52 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Does anybody agree with me?

I for one don't but then I don't quite understand what you mean by "apostates are not under draconian laws".

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

mrsjones,

then you are saying that these pacifist that don't believe in war and violence would pick up a stone and kill us, even after Christ's example with the prostitute?

That's stretching it a bit but it will be their own country so things do change under knew circumstances.

• shark attack
    shark attack

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE LAW WAS AN ASS BUT APPARENTLY IT SAVED ME GETTING AN AXE IN MY HEAD!!!!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, I am saying that you need to be more clear as to what "apostates are not under draconian laws" means.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    Spectrum may the quote "The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates" maybe they are answering the question of why apostates are not under draconian laws, rather than your interpretation of "we'd like to kill them if only we could legally get our hands on them."

The very fact that they've quoted such a large portion of the scripture in Deuteronomy and used the American Standard Bible for extra effect, indicates to me that this is more than just "lets praise and thank Jehovah that apostates are not stoned today". Its a bit like the difference between saying to a child, "if i wasn't in public i'd give you a right spanking" as opposed to saying "look how loving i am as a father, if i wasn't so loving, i'd beat you to a pulp here in the street"... Which do you think it could be?

Think about it, its the same god, Jehovah, who ordered the Israelites to kill the apostates, who orders the JWs not to kill them... Has this made him more loving as a god?

In addition the context of the quotation in a fuller sence is represented like this... "The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us......"

I have no doubt as to the intention of this statement. In ancient Israel it was the custom for the family to begin the stoning of an apostate. Nowadays, that is illegal... we are prevented from killing them even though they are our family... however, the worse we can do is shun them, so we'll do that instead. It's quite clear.

then you are saying that these pacifist that don't believe in war and violence would pick up a stone and kill us, even after Christ's example with the prostitute?

That's stretching it a bit but it will be their own country so things do change under knew circumstances.

That's it, you've hit the proverbial nail on the head. JWs will not do anything unless they are told to do it. If they had their own country, they would become even more corrupt than they are now, and i'm sure they'd use the Warning Examples video, the bit where the High Priest to kill those two people in the tent, to prove how capital punishment is from God. The US government can exuse capital punishment, why not the even less civilised JWs??
  • Spectrum
    Spectrum

1. "if i wasn't in public i'd give you a right spanking"

The above means as soon as my/your environment changes your gonna get it.
    I imagine you are equating this with their expected attitude in their own run country.

and

2. "look how loving i am as a father, if i wasn't so loving, i'd beat you to a pulp here in the street".

Means my inherent love won't allow me to beat you.

I can see what you are saying and you make a good case. I'm still not sure if I agree, however I do remember an elder saying to me with a little bit of a smug face "you know that one day at armaggedon we'll be coming here knocking on these same doors telling them they are going to die." I said why. He said "cos they've got to know where they are gonna get it from."

Thinking about my above experience I could very well agree with you.

Incidentally my dad practised both the above methods 1 & 2!!!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Mrs Jones,

"No, I am saying that you need to be more clear as to what "apostates are not under draconian laws" means. "

Means that the JWs are actually relieved that they don't have to kill anyone even apostates rather than, We (JWs) aren't allowed to do it any more but would indulge it if we could.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Just as poorly as those who run them now.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Maybe they'd bring stoning back? Or can you imagine some little leper colony of shunned people? If they didnt try to throw them out of the country entirely. Though if I was the world I'd close immigration to anyone from a JW nation-state.

I was going to comment on this (shades of same comment) heard at the WT study? but I see Dorayakii beat me too it with the quote from the 1952 WT. We can't kill them like we want too so we will just DF them and let gawd kill them later. The flakey Freddy Franz was in charge of most new light at this point in time. He proved to be one of the biggest dim bulbs of all times. The WT is still trying to "whiteout" and change his little "gems" of Truth? years later.The biggest enemy of the WT is themselves.They just have never learned how to keep their big mouths shut.

I'm still not sure if I agree, however I do remember an elder saying to me with a little bit of a smug face "you know that one day at armaggedon we'll be coming here knocking on these same doors telling them they are going to die." I said why. He said "cos they've got to know where they are gonna get it from."
    I don't think you have to worry about that anymore.I think when they reinvented the generation doctrine in 95 and discarded the "separating work of sheep and goats" at the same time this little "speculation" of theirs bit the dust. They have gotten back to basics.Do everything we demand of you.Treat us as if we are god or jesus in the flesh.Do not question and by the way make sure we are mentioned in your wills.
  • Spectrum
    Spectrum

poztate,

" I don't think you have to worry about that anymore.I think when they reinvented the generation doctrine in 95 and discarded the "separating work of sheep and goats" at the same time this little "speculation" of theirs bit the dust."

So do they still teach that these are the last days? My JW neice still thinks so, so it would be interesting to know what spin they put on the generation doctrine to still allow for the last days to be nigh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit