Name One Thing (Just One!!) that the Dubs teach that is TRUE

by ozziepost 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• daystar
    daystar

There is ultimately nothing in all the universe that is "True", or "False". It is all dependant upon perspective. At the same time everything is "True" as well as "False".

There is nothing that the JWs teach that is absolutely "True" from my POV. But I'm sure there is much that is "True" from... defd's POV, for example.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

I'm with daystar on this one. WTS doctrine is, after all, mostly based on their interpretation of scripture, so it could be seen both as "true" and "false" at the same time. It all depends on who you ask.

The thing that makes so many of their teachings "wrong" or at least "inappropriate" would be the effects that they have on the lives of JWs and other WTS adherents - no blood means death for a lot of people, especially minor children, no holiday celebrations means alienation from the rest of mainstrean Christian society, disfellowshipping means destroyed families, the list goes on. And the fact that they change their minds on certain doctrines, like changes to the rules regarding rape and blood fractions, makes the WTS and its doctrines even less credible. How can you believe an organization when they're not even sure what they believe??

So in my opinion, I believe that most of what they teach is wrong, though I'm sure that the faithful JWs out there will argue with me. I'll finish off this post with a movie quote that was used as a response to one of my threads a while back. It's regarding what you deem personally acceptable and appropriate, despite what you're told is right or wrong in God's eyes:

"God will understand, my lord. And if he doesn't, then he is not God and we need not worry." (Kingdom of Heaven, 2005)

-Becka :)

• daystar
    daystar

becka

"God will understand, my lord. And if he doesn't, then he is not God and we need not worry." (Kingdom of Heaven, 2005)

That's one of my favorite lines!

• defd
    defd

Living forever in a Paradise earth

Limited number going to heaven to rule as Kings and Priests in Gods Kingdom.

No such thing as Burning in Hell forever

Jesus is Gods SON not God.

Jehovah is the one and only true God.

The earth will not be destroyed.

Satan is Gods enemy

Jehovah is a God of love.

God has an earthly Organization.

No such thing as DESTINY.

Astrology is wrong in Gods eyes.

The dead know NOTHING.

Def D

• mrsjones5
  • Spectrum
    Spectrum

Defd

How can Jehovah be a God of love if he sanctioned so much death and destruction as documented in the OT?
    I think Christ has out done him on the love quality.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

defd...all the things you mention are faith teachings. Nothing can be proved thus far as fact. Take the Paradise earth...have you seen it yet? If so tell me where it is so I can go look for myself. I know that you believe the Paradise teaching to be true, but where is your evidence? It is a faith you have that this is going to happen. Is it true? That remains to be seen.

As a Jw, I tried to be careful in presenting my faith as such (faith that these things are true) and always directed people to what the Bible says about a subject. Other than that, there is no source for belief in what you are saying.

Swalker

• pratt1
    pratt1

"Bad association spoils useful habits"

The teach this and it' true, execpt it's the dubs that are bad association, not the world.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think the quality of the question is improved when it is limited to beliefs that are UNIQUE to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Sure, the Dubs say there is no hellfire. So do Penn & Teller.

Sure, the Dubs say to avoid bad associations. Is there anyone who says otherwise?

To take Defd's list, that leaves only ONE: God has an earthly Organization.

There is no proof that this is true, nor is there any evidence that this MIGHT be true. On the other hand, there is plenty of evididence that this is FALSE.

Of the other items, none of them are unique to JWs.

Living forever in a Paradise earth
    Limited number going to heaven to rule as Kings and Priests in Gods Kingdom.
    No such thing as Burning in Hell forever
    Jesus is Gods SON not God.
    Jehovah is the one and only true God.
    The earth will not be destroyed.
    Satan is Gods enemy
    Jehovah is a God of love.
    No such thing as DESTINY.
    Astrology is wrong in Gods eyes.
    The dead know NOTHING.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

People from Sodom and Gomorrah will be resurrected, no they won't, yes they will, no they won't, yes they will, no they won't, yes they will, no they won't............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit