Name One Thing (Just One!!) that the Dubs teach that is TRUE

by ozziepost 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It was a comment that Defd made today that did it, he got me thinking!! (Thanks, Defd.)

It was one of those spoiling type of comments, oh okay Derrick, here 'tis:

Lt you oughta know WHY he recieved the Spirit before being baptised. You were an elder once right?

But I started thinking, was there anything, just one thing, the WTS taught us that was actually true?

I remember Mrs Ozzie saying at our recent get-together at the Apostates' Restaurant that coming out of the dubs was like, "everything that was wrong, is now right and everything that was right is now wrong"!

So, what do you think? What's been your experience?

What things they teach are actually the truth?

Go on, name just one thing.

Eager eyes are waiting!

Ozzie (permanently upside-down class)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The earth has a "circle".

• JH
    JH

One thing that they ALONE teach?

Lets see

Oh yeah

You must give in your report by the end of the month or else......

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Ummmmmm..................

• feelinsketchy
    feelinsketchy

The world is ending in 2014! Woops!

• glitter
    glitter

That there's no such thing as Hell.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"Religion is a snare and a racket!"

(The one thing they got right, and they've stopped saying it...)

Dave

• blondie
    blondie

AA, they stopped saying it in the 50's when they decided they were a religion, the only true religion, but a religion nonetheless. Before that all religion was false and they weren't a religion.

Blondie

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Ok...this kinda puzzles me, from the Revelation Climax book, p.9:

It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible....At the same time, however, we firmly believe that the explanations set forth herein harmonize with the Bible in its entirety...

What are they saying here exactly? That even though some of their explanations might not be right they're still not wrong?That even if an explanation of prophesy eventually fails and has to be replaced with a new explanation, it can still be considered to have somehow been in harmony with the Bible as a whole?

~Merry

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

You know I have sat here and pondered over your question since you started the thread Ozzie. And I can't come up with a single thing! Its like everything they taught us was with a distorted/twisted/out of context scriptual background or their own opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit