Name One Thing (Just One!!) that the Dubs teach that is TRUE

by ozziepost 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• geevee
    geevee

Elsewhere:
    Is the earth a true circle? Could depend on where you are sitting, and if mountains jutting upwards and outwards dont count!!

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I was gonna go with "Religion is a snare and a racket" but I see AA beat me to it.

So I'll go with this one:

Disfellowshipping was practiced in the first century but not by the christian congregation,

John 12:42-"All the same,many even of the rulers actually put faith in him,but because of the Pharisees they would not confess him,in order not to be expelled from the synagogue."

The disfellowshipping was done by the religious leaders who claimed to be representing the true God.Among jw's,disfellowshipping is done by the religious leaders who claim to be representing the true God.Notice the interesting parallel.

Goldminer

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Here's one Ozzie,

apostate literature may be sent unsolicited to our homes. Their curiosity piqued, some brothers have read such defiling material—to the ruin of their faith. wt 88 8/15 p13

On this one, absolutely right. Talk to US, or read apostate literature, and your faith in the Watchtower will be 'ruined'.

Steve

• Satanus
    Satanus

They said the bible was inspired, and they were wrong.

S

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I can think of a whole bunch of half truths. But seriously lets define truth here. Are you saying that there is one true doctrinal stance on anything in the collection of writings called the Bible? If so then the question is meaningless.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ok seriosly, i've got one: he who has dealings w stupid ones will fare badly. I have found this to be true.

S

• jgnat
    jgnat

Part I Question 28 "What should be our attitude towards sin?" Rom 6:12-14

Part II Question 5 "If you are married, are you sure that your marriage has been properly registered with the civil authorities?" 1 Pe 2:13, 14

Part II Question 11 "Are Christians under the Mosaic Law and it's requirements regarding sacrifices and the Sabbath?" Rom 10:4 Col 2:16, 17 Gal 3:24,25 Col 2:13, 14

Part II Question 15 "What is the fruitage of the spirit, and how will cultivating it help us to maintain a fine relationship with others?" Gal 5:22, 23

Part II Question 16 "Why must lying be avoided?" John 8:44, Rev 21:8, Ex 20:16, 2 Cor. 6:4,7 (I just noticed that the term avoidance is rather weak, like stepping around a puddle)

Part II Question 18 "Does the Bible prohibit the use of alcoholic beverages in moderation?" Eccl 9:7 1 Tim 5:23

There's a few. When is the last time you heard a public talk or service meeting part on these topics?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

This one may take a while to think about....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There is no such thing as hellfire

• DHL
    DHL

How's about:

"If one blind man leads another they will both fall into the pit".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit