Name One Thing (Just One!!) that the Dubs teach that is TRUE

by ozziepost 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, it's interesting, isn't it to think about.

BTW it seems that many posts here quote Bible texts but don't identify Watchtower teachings.

No matter. You may be interested in my experience.

When Mrs ozzie and I knew things were wrong in "the Troof" we accepted an invitation to spend a long weekend with some good friends. He was Secretary in his congregation and had received COC and ISOCF. He lives in a pleasant country town and we enjoyed our time together drinking good red wine, reading the two books and not much else!

Before we left to return home, we took out the JW brochure and looked at the page which lists Dubbie teachings. We asked each in turn our iopinion of each teaching. There were a few we had doubts about but most were acceptable to us.

We left after agreeing to spend one year in Bible study (without the publications!) and referred to a multitude of books and commentaries, as well as audio-tapes (thanks, Randy!)

After one year we journeyed backk to our freinds' home and took out the JW brochure again. There wasn't one teaching any of us now agreed with!!

The rest is history.

But it shows that seekers of real truth must find themselves at complete variance with the JW teachings. They don't stack up!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have been surprised as well that not one of the teachings of the WTS that is pretty much unique to them is true. 607, 1914, blood, Great crowd etc etc.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

JWfacts:

Without those distinguishing teachings, they'd cease to exist. If they're christian at all, their members would end up joining christian fellowships or churches - like Mrs Ozzie and I did, eh?

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

what about the phropecys leading us down to today (the image the beasts in daniel , the signs etc)

does anyone believe the teaching of God coming next and bringing armagadon is true?

• Honesty
    Honesty

I found just one thing the Watchtower has published to be true.

w81 8/15 28-9

Paragraph 14 -They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom’s clergy were teaching 100 years ago, and some have even returned to celebrating Christendom’s festivals again, such as the Roman Saturnalia of December 25!

Merry Christmas to all my JWD friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    what about the phropecys leading us down to today (the image the beasts in daniel , the signs etc)

does anyone believe the teaching of God coming next and bringing armagadon is true?

This is one the many things that latch onto you when you first leave the witnesses; you see things happen and you automatically think, 'oh dear the time is near'; this is because that is what you were taught to think; the prophesies mentioned above are open to individual interpretation and to be honest I think John was on a really big dose of LSD most of the time! But even if prophesies did have some basis, why would God leave riddles to solve; why not just spell it out and tell it like it is? DB74

• DHL
    DHL
    BTW it seems that many posts here quote Bible texts but don't identify Watchtower teachings.

Well, I guess that's because the fds claims to be the only correct interpreters of the bible wether it's about shunning, harmageddon, 607, christian love or whatever. Whatever they teach it all stems some way or another from the bible. But what do they make of it?

They remind me of cows: These animals eat green gras. Everyone would say this is a healthy diet. Then they digest it in five different stomachs and what comes out in the end? Just shit......

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

prove there is no hellfire----------------you can't,,so jdubs and there cult leaders are niether right or wrong.they are just speculating as usuall and saying its fron god.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Ozzie,

what doctrinal things did you discover to be wrong aside from blood and 1914.

Did your views of the status of Christ and the trinity change.
    What about preaching? It seems that Christ wanted his followers to preach?

I was talking to a christian theologian who said that as much as he loves his christian faith he does not feel he has sufficient knowledge to preach the Gospel. Maybe he is correct or maybe he is underestimating himself.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Good question!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit