PopeOfEruke

Glitter wrote:

That there's no such thing as Hell.

You've never met my wife have you?

Pope

• Simon
    Simon
    The earth has a "circle".

I guess God is still on simple geometry and hasn't got to "sphere" yet. Diety's arent' what they used to be, that's for sure.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Actually, the earth seen from space isn't perfectly circular. It has bumps, for instance on the side where the moon is pulling the water into a pile. Also, seen from the side, directly towars the equator, it looks oblong. It's a bit squashed.

S

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Cordelia. I find it hard to believe the prophecy of Armageddon, it is a vague prophecy that could be interpretted in different ways. The whole 1914 thing is clearly meaningless. But lets say these are the last days and Armageddon is about to arrive. There is no way that God will destroy all non JW's. As Russell preached, all worldly people (apart from people that actively fight against God at Armageddon) will be saved and in the New System they will come to know Jesus and choose if they wish to serve him.
    That is why Christianity is better the WTSism. It encourages worshipping God regardless, not serving with a date in mind.

• lime05
    lime05

Jwfacts i thought the organization scrapped all that predicted end of time dates in 1995.

• heathen
    heathen

Jesus was the messiah . I can agree with that . If you start a tax exempt religious corporation you can make billions of dollars . I think they got that one right as well .

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

That the trinity is bollox, that the soul is mortal, that eternal hellfire is bollox.

• Carmel
    Carmel

As I recall, they teach that Jesus was not literally bodily resurrected and that the notion of trinity is beyond logic and reason. At one point, I recall them treaching against racial prejudice and that science and religion agree, both concepts I held onto even if they were hypocrits about it.

carmel

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

The dead cannot harm you.
    There is no hell.
    The trinity was not taught by Jesus followers

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Spectrum:

what doctrinal things did you discover to be wrong aside from blood and 1914.
    Did your views of the status of Christ and the trinity change.
    What about preaching? It seems that Christ wanted his followers to preach?
    I was talking to a christian theologian who said that as much as he loves his christian faith he does not feel he has sufficient knowledge to preach the Gospel. Maybe he is correct or maybe he is underestimating himself.

Steady on, I can only talk about one thing at a time!!

what doctrinal things did you discover to be wrong aside from blood and 1914.

Everything in the JW brochure - I've already said that.

Did your views of the status of Christ and the trinity change.

They'd changed before I left - the thing that troubled me most was the Dub teachings on the nature and role of Christ. i felt there must be something more, as shown in Scripture, than that Jesus was a created angel.

What about preaching? It seems that Christ wanted his followers to preach?

And???? I don't see that means the stereotyped house-to-house visitation that the dubs do. See COC and ISOCF for good discussions on that.

If you're asking whether I preach at people's homes, well I do visit homes not necessarily to preach but to invite people to a christian fellowship etc

I leave my preaching for the pulpit!

I was talking to a christian theologian who said that as much as he loves his christian faith he does not feel he has sufficient knowledge to preach the Gospel. Maybe he is correct or maybe he is underestimating himself.

How could I possibly comment on that? It's immaterial, isn't it?

Phew! I got through them all! Did I pas the test?

Ozzie (time for a shiraz or two class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit