Tookie is running out of time

by jt stumbler 102 Replies latest social current

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Everyone who thinks Tookie 'got the short end of the stick' or that his death was 'uncomfortable' somehow...needs to go to that site with pictures of his victims.

Scroll down to the 3rd victim.

Shake hands with... reality.

Warning -- it's not pretty.

It's ugly, it's real..."thousands" of "words" real.

Can you imagine going to the morgue...to ID YOUR son, daughter, mother, father or grandmother ? Don't be afraid of the truth -- go look.

See if you think Tookie Williams was a good nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize ???

Rabbit

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Is that some British guy no american has heard of?

Yes,if you like....

• LDH
    LDH
    He has been nominated 5 times for the Nobel Peace Prize for his work in helping to prevent gang violence.

He has been nominated four times for the Nobel Literature Prize for his children's books that warn young people about the pitfalls of joining a gang and exposes them to alternatives.

Anyone can be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

While I don't think we're a tribal society, and I wouldn't want to go around murdering people by the second, as a taxpayer I also don't think I should have to pay to house him for life.

If anything, our prison system is broken. It was started by the Quakers in Pennsylvania and it was supposed to be a temporary fix.....now here we are 200 years later and "corrections" is an industry unto itself.

I'm glad he refused his last meal. Saved me at least a nickel.

Lisa

Send his parents the bill, Class

• IronGland
    IronGland

Is that some British guy no american has heard of?

Yes,if you like....

Why are you rolling your eyes fleaman? I looked him up on Wikipedia, he's a UK games show host. That's not exactly shown on primetime over here.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    I'm glad he refused his last meal. Saved me at least a nickel.

Now I'm not advocating the judicial system in China, but, if you get executed there...it's a bullet to the base of your brain.

The cost of the bullet is billed to your family.

Rabbit

All the arguments that this individual deserved to die do not justify the death penalty in the United States. Most, if not all, of those executed in this country, deserve what they get. But that does not make it right. To me, the state executioner is no better than those he/she dispatches.

The death penalty has nothing to do with justice, and everything to do with politics. I doubt "the Terminator" spent much time thinking about Mr. Williams' alleged "redemption," or the plight of the survivors of those Mr. Williams was convicted of killing. The decision boiled down to fear of losing Republican support, inasmuch as he has already slid so far to the right that his reelection is in serious jeopardy in Democractic-controlled California. It was about "what are the political implications of this decision for me," instead of whether or not Mr. Williams actually deserved clemency.

The BTK killer was recently sentenced to consecutive life terms without the possibility of parole. If anyone is the posterboy for the death penalty, it is this creep. Yet, he will spend the rest of his days in prison, while some poor thug who killed to survive and who has no money and lacks the connections Mr. Williams had will be executed without incident or any public remorse. Where is the justice in the death penalty? No where. But there's plenty of revenge involved.

I am ashamed at the desensitization towards violence and killing in this country. Right here in this forum, some sick individual who called him/her self "Tookiewilliams" started a thread here in an effort to poke fun at Mr. Williams. Simon or the moderators quickly and rightfully deleted this despicable thread, and I personally am disgusted at all those who found this amusing enough to post additional posts of the same nature. You showed what sort of people you are. Regardless of your stance on capital punishment, there's nothing funny about Mr. Williams' execution. His family has been hurt, and I understand that certain family members of his victims were also crying at the execution. Those who find that to be funny ought to take a long hard look at the ugly being that stares them in the face when they look in a mirror.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    while some poor thug who killed to survive

Irongland,

Apparently the forum rules mean nothing to an individual of your character. But what your post points out is that you lack the capability of civilized debate, most likely because you also lack any semblance of intellect or character.

If we met in person, I bet you'd be a lot more respectful. Your insult is cowardly and inappropriate to this forum.

• myelaine
    myelaine

tookie,

why are you dead?

michelle

p.s. Jesus said to him... I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.( John 14:6)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Um, how does one 'kill to survive'?

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit