Tookie is running out of time

by jt stumbler 102 Replies latest social current

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

City leaders rally against violence
    PENDING EXECUTION CAUSES CONCERN OVER REACTION
    By Jeremiah Marquez
    Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Wary of public anger over Stanley Tookie Williams' pending execution, local leaders on Friday called for peace if the Crips gang co-founder is put to death next week for four shotgun murders in Los Angeles County.

Authorities have received reports of possible plans to commit violence if Williams is denied clemency, calling the threats a ``credible concern.''

``What we picked up is enough to make us believe that there will be an attempt in some isolated places for violence,'' Robin Toma, executive director of the county's Commission on Human Relations, said at a news conference at City Hall.

Toma declined to provide further details, but said schools and various county areas could be targeted.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has yet to decide whether to grant Williams clemency in the 1979 murders. Williams, who is scheduled to die at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday by lethal injection at San Quentin State Prison, would be the 12th inmate executed since California reinstated the death penalty in 1977.

• Buster
    Buster

He's had too much time already.

I won't miss taht murderer from the gene pool.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Associated Press Writer
    Dec 12 3:39 PM US/Eastern

SAN FRANCISCO - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger refused to spare the life of Stanley Tookie Williams, the founder of the murderous Crips gang who awaited execution early Tuesday in a case that stirred debate over capital punishment and the possibility of redemption on death row. Williams, 51, is set to die by injection at San Quentin State Prison after midnight for murdering four people in two 1979 holdups.

• prophecor
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere

My question is...What would he do for mankind if he lives?

Brooke

• Kaput
    Kaput

Night-night, Tookie.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    He's had too much time already.

Couldn't agree w/you more. There's tons of Crips around here. F him. Nothing will change.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Maybe he deserves to go, but he's actually done a huge amount of anti-gang work from prison. He's in prison for life anyway, why not just let him continue his work? It seems he may be keeping a lot of young men out of the gangs. I don't know for sure, but I know someone like that can speak with an authority to potential gang members that few others have.

Dead he becomes a martyr. Alive he works against gangs and violence.

Maybe he's done some good, maybe not. I don't know. That's not my culture, and I can't tell you with any authority what his influence has been. But it seems he's become part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

S4

• freedom96
    freedom96

The guy is a thug, and deserves to die. My complaint is that it has taken over 20 years. I also wish that the victims families could actually kill him themselves, if they so chose. He shot his victims, so I have no problem with taking a shot gun to him until he dies. No problem whatsoever.

And then he goes and dedicates one of his books to another convicted killer. Yeah, this guys a real peach.

And then Jesse Jackson was over there sticking his nose into it all. When asked what about the victims, and what were their names, he didn't know and said that was not what they were there for. Friggen moron.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

He should have thought about the consequences when he murderd those 4 people when he was a gang member. Unfortunately those 4 people will never get to write a book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit