1 Timothy 2:6

by defd 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• defd
    defd

nark I have read that account a zillion times and have studied it extensively. I dont know what to tell ya!

D.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think defd is a great case-study of someone who sees what they need to because they must. For his world to remain ordered, everything must fit. This reminds me of my thread,

Lessons from Art Class - Looking and Seeing

Narkissos, trained as a linguist, sees what is really there, because to render text accurately, he cannot read in his own prejudices and preconceptions. I have had similar training tromping through the brush looking for birds and staring for hours at an apple. I can't render a good apple if I don't wade through my preconceptions and SEE. I'll never see the bird in the bush if I only look where I expect it to be.

• defd
    defd

I think defd is a great case-study of someone who sees what they need to because they must

I dont see things because I must or need to. I see them because they are THERE!

• Triple A
    Triple A
    Adam forfieted perfect human life

Can you show me in the Bible where Adam is perfect? I can find where he is good, but I can not find where he is perfect.

• jgnat
    jgnat

HERE'S where you read in to the text:

When He made them were they perfect?

The text does not say.

BTW, what colors do apples come in?

• defd
    defd

triple a and Jgnat I will give you the book where it says thaey were made (created ) perfect but not the verse. I dont want you to get LAZY! It is in Deuteronomy. If you really want to know, find it!

D.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Changing the subject...posters want you to read this thread and comment on it:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/103353/1.ashx

"This is bigger than Dateline...etc."

Swalker

• Legolas
    Legolas

I just posted that because you didn't know who she was and it was a bit on her that's all!

• defd
    defd

swalker. you want me to READ all those posts on that thread? Too many I read the first page and I am not interested in the suspense. If you read it , Please tell me what it said and I will comment.

D.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Narkissos specifically asked you to read the Genesis account in context, without pasting other verses from other books within. There is no word about Adam being perfect in the Genesis account. You read it in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit