THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well, there it is. Good stuff Maynard. Haven't had a chance to digest it yet but it smells close enough to BIG to satisfy me.

• AlanF
    AlanF

This really is a big deal.

The Journal of Church and State is a prestigious law journal read by a huge number of judges, including State and Federal Supreme Court judges.

What is needed now is massive publicity to get the word out to JWs and ex-JWs who have been harmed by the Watchtower's ridiculous and deceitful blood policy.

Think about this: willfully misrepresenting medical facts that result in a wrongful death is, I think, a form of murder. There are no statutes of limitations on murder.

AlanF

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    Baylor University, Waco, TX) – An essay entitled, "Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions, and the Tort of Misrepresentation," found in the Autumn issue of Baylor University’s prestigious Journal of Church and State, published December 13, 2005, exposes the vulnerability of Jehovah’s Witnesses’ religious organization to massive claims for compensation because of the religion’s misrepresentation of the medical risks of blood transfusions.

Holy Shit

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Ok...I'm really sleepy and must go to bed now. I'm glad I stayed up long enough not to miss out on the action.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Whoa, this hit as I was writing a post.

Thanks, AlanF, for coming into this at just the right moment.

Well, folks, there it is.

Barbara, you need to do this in a seperate post. This will be lost here.

Alan, add your comments there as well. You have huge respect here at JWD.

And everyone else - please spend some time digesting this before you respond. This means a lot more than most of us will be able to understand at first reading. We're talking a potentially huge impact on what religion will be able to get away with in the future.

Barbara - Congratulations!!! This should begin to answer the skeptics and critics.

S4

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

This is it. This is the chink in their armor. The "tort of misrepresentation" transcends the Almighty Church & State protection thang. On this the government and the courts CAN intervene. There is already legal precedent. The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society and all of its dummy corporations CAN be successfully sued.

Nina

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Lets all say it together,

L-A-W-S-U-I-T.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    This is it. This is the chink in their armor. The "tort of misrepresentation" transcends the Almighty Church & State protection thang. On this the government and the courts CAN intervene. There is already legal precedent. The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society and all of its dummy corporations CAN be successfully sued.

Although I was secretly hoping that the BBN was along another line, I agree with Nina's take on this as being the "chink" in the seemingly impenetrable armor of the lofty WTS!

ANY opening that has been proven (as this has) to be a place where the WTS can be brought down on something like this---that they are known for enforcing...is just so sweet!

Annie

• wombat
    wombat

This is HUGE news. The WTBTS can be successfully sued for damages by anyone who has been affected by their blood policy.................

AlanF suggests the possible criminal liability of the org's leaders.

Have I read this right. ????

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

hit them where it hurts - in the pocket

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit