THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TopHat
    TopHat

What could be BIGGER than the GB knew all these years that they were NOT the FDS class. They were just pulling the wool over our eyes. What a scandel that would be for all the little JW sheep.

• undercover
    undercover

I come back this morning to see what updates may have occured overnight and I glean that this "big news" is going to be released as a publication, most likely a tell-all book.

Now, I don't personally know any of the people involved in helping promote this "big news", though most of them seem to be held in high regard, so maybe I'm way off base, but...

...and maybe it's due to my sometimes cynical nature, but I can't help but feel like we just fell for some grand marketing scheme in promoting another anti-JW book.

If this "big news" is released in book form, it doesn't matter if a JW, former JW, non-JW or a 2nd cousin twice removed from a JW wrote it, it will not make an impact upon most current JWs. They are too indoctrinated to avoid any and all negative information regarding the WTS, whether it comes from former JWs or outsiders of the JW community. In their view, if an ex-JW wrote it (or promoted it) then it's just sour grapes and hatred. If a non-JW wrote, then it's clear that they just don't get it because they don't have Jehovah's spirit and have misunderstood the whole premise of the religion.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think another tell-all book is going to make much of an impact.

• savedtoserve
    savedtoserve

Good point Tophat. I questioned that back in 1996 before I left. Whatever this is that is coming, there seems to be a connection to the Govenring Body somehow, just putting together what I have read thus far.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I hate to be the wet rag on the party, but I'm pretty skeptical about how Big this is going to be. To reiterate undercover's comments:

If this "big news" is released in book form, it doesn't matter if a JW, former JW, non-JW or a 2nd cousin twice removed from a JW wrote it, it will not make an impact upon most current JWs. They are too indoctrinated to avoid any and all negative information regarding the WTS, whether it comes from former JWs or outsiders of the JW community. In their view, if an ex-JW wrote it (or promoted it) then it's just sour grapes and hatred. If a non-JW wrote, then it's clear that they just don't get it because they don't have Jehovah's spirit and have misunderstood the whole premise of the religion.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think another tell-all book is going to make much of an impact.

I hate to do it, but I'll have to agree.

• Mr Anderson
    Mr Anderson

Thanks for your welcome . I am a JW who doesnt think that they are correct on everthing they say for instance I dont think 1914 is correct and that issues from it .I have grave worries about the way contributions are not organised ect ect.

I would like to sound a balanced word however if I may.

From my own personal resaerch in the bible and what I see if the world of religion I am of the opinion that no relgion on earth has the whole truth .This is backed by scripture :

1 Cor 13:9

We only have partial knowledge . All faiths seem to fall into the trap of compiling a list of core beleifs that the members must adhere to or they are not considered one of that group . JW of course make a great play of enforcing these set of core beliefs . They use scriptures like Rom 16:17 for instance and use that as well as other scriptures to disfellowship one who cause divisions . However what the bible means by a division is the problem . Jws and others dont understand what divisions are supposed to be . The divsision is really something that preveants a person from beleiving the basic truth of Christ comming to earth to die for our sins and the persuit of acting with love to the brothers and anyone else .

So what I want to say is that when this big news comes out we should bear in mind that Jehovah is the one who will carry out vengeance on the WTs miss deads and not us . This principle also applies to other faiths as well . I know that many here are victims of the Pharisees of the WT and I feel for you all . However as someone said before if this news destroys the WT and the faith of millians what will this really achieve ? Well of course many want their relatives back and I understand that but this may also destroy peoples faith in God altogether . That would be a shame . Old people in the JW faith will be hit hardest . Some will probably die of shock if the big news has the "desired" affect . That will be sad as well . I feel will must see these things in context of the big picture . No religion has ever been free of hurting and rejecting and stumbleing people .Does that mean that God does not value the faith of individuals within these religions if they are showing love to their nieghbor and others ? I think the answer is he does .If we get the relatives and friends back as a result of this they will need help in a big way in order to rebuild their lives . They are not going to skip and jump with joy as a result of this . How will we be able to help them keep their faith on Jehovah ? What if they reject the idea of God alltogether? What would the results be if that happends ?

The WT do need a kick up their arrogance for sure and if that happends I will be happy but perhaps we should be carfull how much pleasure we take from this . Lets face it Jehovah is not going to be happy with people losing their faith in him because of the WTs misdeeds . Any faith on the earth is not perfect .

I hope what I say makes some sence to people . I know some want to their own pain transfered to the WT as much as possible and straight away but I feel that Jehovah will be the one the sort the WT out via a total destruction . The bible does seem to support this view and he will do it on behalf of all the victims of the WT and the victims of other faiths as well .

Love to you all .

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I will do my best to be an activist, no matter what the Big News is and whatever form it arrives in....but I too must agree with undercover...another book is likely to be the least helpful...

If this "big news" is released in book form, it doesn't matter if a JW, former JW, non-JW or a 2nd cousin twice removed from a JW wrote it, it will not make an impact upon most current JWs. ; They are too indoctrinated to avoid any and all negative information regarding the WTS, whether it comes from former JWs or outsiders of the JW community. ; In their view, if an ex-JW wrote it (or promoted it) then it's just sour grapes and hatred. ; If a non-JW wrote, then it's clear that they just don't get it because they don't have Jehovah's spirit and have misunderstood the whole premise of the religion.

• joanne_
    joanne_

good morning everyone, i just had to add my 2 cents worth here. i have been watching this post since it started. very interesting. i wonder if it has something to do with mr. hughes. was he able to sue successfully the wt? and is it because they uncovered the fact that prominent brothers and sisters have taken the blood themselves? ...that would explain 'been duped' lied to...etc

take care all...i will wait patiently for the news...

joanne

• Emma
    Emma

If it were a book, they'd do with it what they've done with C of C; apostate lies, don't touch it.

What about an article in something like "The New York Times?"

• Ticker
    Ticker

Tuesday and still no word! If it is a book I hope its available before Christmas. Again welcom to all the newbies.

Ticker

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hello Mr. Anderson, and welcome to the board. You seem like a concerned and reasonable person. I appreciated your post.
    I don't think you need to worry too much about people's faith in God. No matter what the news is, people who are mentally unprepared to stop belief in the organization will not do so. People who are prepared to accept such news will do so. Humans have a built-in ability to reject information that they can't handle. Usually, I see this as a bad thing, because it means that we at times refuse to see reality. But in this case, I think it will work as a natural filter to sieve out those who can safely escape. Those who remeain in may eventually soften their hardline positions.
    Imagine being a first century Jew living under the Pharisaical system as the New Testament describes. Surely you would not worry that such a system should not be overturned for fear that people might lose their faith in God. The system itself (at least as described in the NT) worked to the detriment of its adherents, and as such, it deserved to be overturned or reformed. If their religious system were to be overturned, surely some would reassess belief in God, and such a general reappraisal of one's belief system is always a good thing in my opinion, but probably most would keep essentially the same beliefs but drop the unreasonable ones.
    Hypothetically speaking, let's presume there is a loving God watching all of this, and that the Watchtower actually ceases to exist over this issue. It's hard to imagine that God would be upset. If people reassessed their beliefs and some decided that they no longer believed in God, a loving and all-knowing God would certainly understand the reason and presumably help lead them toward a better understanding.
    I do agree that if there is mass disillusionment, it will be a very difficult and painful time for many to get through. Coming to grips with an unexpected reality always hurts dearly. But in doing so we come to a better, more enlightened place. My hope is that this forum will provide any disillusioned ones a place to find understanding and began the healing process. And think of it this way - in the case of mass disillusionment, at least you have all your former comrades to talk to and work through the issues.
    False paradigms must always be overturned. It is a matter of the march of knowledge. Necessarily, there will be pain for the believers. But in the grand scheme of things, it is all for the good.
    Just my two cents.
    SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit