THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• belbab
    belbab

Would it be appropriate to introduce in this thread a little Bible analogy?

Sisera oppressed Israel for twenty years. He was brought low in the tent-dwelling of a woman with a common tent-dweller's woman's tool, a tent peg. She pinned him to the ground so everyone would see how the mighty one was struck down by a woman.

Today, approximately 6 million people, mostly woman and children , have be been oppressed by the leaders of a domineering organisation. They have been kept in submission, told how to dress, told to keep silent, to wait on Jehovah. beat their kids from infancy at meeting places, wait in long lines for toilet facilities, do most of the preaching work. Told to allow the sacrifice of their children in the blood transfusion issue. When trying to voice their cries of distress they are turned out of their community and forbidden associaton with friends and family.

How appropriate then, that the oppressor, be given a body blow that brings them to the ground, by the courageous of woman, Barbara and all those others that have spoken out about the abuse that was destroying their well being.

"Most blessed of women is Jael" Judges 5:24

I, a man in is seventies, acknowledge and honor you Barbara, as well as all the others. If anyone labels you Jezabel, please refer them to me, for a figurative cuff on the head.

belbab

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If this turns out as big as its being touted... I think Barbara and everyone responsible for finding this information should be granted the coveted title: Formidable Apostate

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""Hey Beep, how’s the weather in Watchtower land? I think it’s about to warm up a little there. The weather report will be out soon.""

Well with statements like this, I'm not so sure the Witnesses are wrong. You all have been just about as pleasant as a toothache.

So you assume that I am still a Witness, do you ? You know what they say happens when you assume, right ? Hmmm, just because I disagree with you, how strange.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Danny,

I sent you a PM reminding you to post this on your Myspace account when the news breaks. There are many young JW's there that would benefit from hearing it. There are several JW groups on myspace that it could be posted on too.

• startingover
    startingover

Danny,

Is there a chance someone on this board, albeit innocently, could screw things up by saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. I have noticed that several have already spread the word to those they are trying to get out of the org. It seems to me this is jumping the gun.

• minimus
    minimus

Beep, might I suggest that if you want dialogue for your questions that you DON'T do it on this thread. You will get more out of your questions if you put it into your own thread. This thread will not serve your needs but if you are sincere, another one of your own certainly could.

• bebu
    bebu

Actually, Jael made her move on Sisera when he was completely helpless ("ASLEEP!" Now there's a new name for a mag); she nailed him to the ground. So it could still be a good analogy IMO.

bebu

• amen
    amen

I am dancing on my chair and my heart is rejoicing, i hope i won't be disappointed.

Amen

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    You all have been just about as pleasant as a toothache.

LOL... BeepBeep... Don't panic... I see misunderstanding bells going off all over the place in these exchanges.

It's funny... My dad's favorite character is the RoadRunner. Is that you, Dad??

Jean

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I cant read this thread quick enough. New stuff get added as I am reading what I thought was the most recent post.

I have also wondered if we might be making things less easy by discussing it so much, but then I figured that Barbara must know what she is doing, and must have felt confident enough to start this thread.

Beepbeep - people do want to talk to you, but not on this thread. This thread is dedicated to ONE topic that people want to talk about. Start a new thread. Ever been at a party talking to a really interesting amazing funny guy who you really want to listen to, then your friend comes up and interrupts with some useful but ultimately ballsachingly boring information????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit