THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Whatever it is, I'd be surprised to see JWs leave the Watchtower in any significant number. Some will claim the news is fabricated by "apostates", while others will say it's a "time of sifting". Others will say that "Jehovah will clean it up in his own time". I think only people who are already on the fringes of the org will actually leave. The society probably has already sent a letter to POs to be read to the congregations, as they did here in Canada just before a prominent child abuse trial started.

We should assume the society already has a response prepared.

W

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

I know something you don't know........I know something you don't know......neener, neener, neener......

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

It's probaby that the WT was bought by investors years ago. These investors are the ones that are named on the board ofdirectors that the average JW has no idea about. These investors need a hefty paycheck (as any other nonprofit organization: Can pay employees or directors). They are trimming jobs at all levels in Bethel. Cutting costs at all levels. Asking higher donations, and more slave labor.

This to feed the hungry mouths of these board members.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

FF,

If it is a doctrinal position changing, I agree. If it is a lawsuit pending, I agree. If it is basis for a future lawsuit, I don't agree so much.

There would be prelim filings for an pending lawsuit that hasn't been publicly announced. But, if we are (for the first time ever) in the "loop" ahead of time, we may finally have their nards in a vise!!!

I wanna turn the crank! I wanna turn the crank!

Giddily,
    AuldSoul

P.S. Lady Lee, is "nards" legal to use as a euphemism instead of n*ds? If not, please change that to "canards."

• Her Ladyship
    Her Ladyship

I wonder if they're about to lose their charity status, possibly as a result of misappropriation of funds?

Christina

• gumby
    gumby
    it must be blood.

What if they have misrepresented it from a medical standpoint all this time?

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    Now here's the best part, and, ladies, you will be happy to hear this: We owe the Big News to a WOMAN! And it's not me. I wish it was. I wish I had the good sense to ferret this out, but I didn't. Stupid me, I was just too trusting.

Makes me wonder if this wOMAN is someone from Bethel who had a crises of conscience.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Of course they've misrepresented it from a medical standpoint. The problem is, much of the misrepresentation takes some knowledge of human anatomy. They're somewhat insulated from people finding out about it because...oops, no college! Then there was the thing in JAMA that they post on their website in praise of their stand on blood, that was written by a JW, sent as an editorial to JAMA, printed, then "quoted" by the WTS on their website as being research from a reputable medical journal. But again, too convoluted to have any impact on the rank and file.
    Most meaningful to me, from the standpoint of what might affect my family, would be 1: blood, 2: financial.
    Bated breath here too. (you know they make a mouthwash for that, Ian. ;) )

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    Most meaningful to me, from the standpoint of what might affect my family, would be 1: blood, 2: financial.

Me too..and in that order.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'd be surprised if anything could get my mother out, or my ex. It would be a matter of pride with them. I don't think either of them would ever admit to being wrong about anything.

But, if we are (for the first time ever) in the "loop" ahead of time, we may finally have their nards in a vise!!!

Wouldn't that be nice? I can picture bethelites frantically running around Bethel searching the closets for forgotten skeletons.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit