LOOKS OR PERSONALITY?

by Mary 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Some men love curves...big ladies just need to wait for the right one. I think some bigger ladies have poor self images that put a wall up to some potential relationships, at least I know I did that. We all have a little shallowness inside somewhere I think. My husband and I are probably one of the most unusual couples you will meet. Shallow women passed him up because of his height..he is small of stature. We married a year and a half ago, the ladies that passed him up missed a GREAT man! He was the first to come along in years that peaked my interest enough for even a first date.

Kate~Very happyily married

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Oops sorry for the typos, need to figure out spell check and "edit"

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Kate-

I think you are right, but, because guys are more visual, i believe women are more influenced by intangibles than guys are...

• lola28
    lola28

In the words of Judge Judy " Beauty fades, but stupid my dear is forever"

Personality wins every time.

• Mary
    Mary
    I think guys SAY looks are secondary, but for most this isn't true. I see too many guys with 'arm-charms'...Don't they know she's half the gene pool for his future children?

This is probably true initially, but I personally know of a guy who's been married to two drop dead beautiful women------both of these women are horrible people and the second one is making his life a living hell. I guess being beautiful with a boob job doesn't replace understanding, kindness and the ability to make hubby a home cooked meal once in a while........I give their marriage another 2 years at the most. His brother in law told him to forget the looks and go for a woman with personality.........why do some men place ALL the emphasis on LOOKS?? Thinkin' with the wrong head??

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

LOL yep Mary that is what my husband says and he should know since he is one. I don't know why he is so different. He has a totally different set of values than any man I had met. I have so many girlfriends who fall for so many lines, and compromise. A guy is wired differently. I like the new book written by a guy "I'm Really Just Not That Into You." Some guys can have sex with any woman he finds the least bit attractive, without really liking her enough to make a commitment. Most women are wired to connect sex/intimacy with true bonding eternal love. How do we ever make it?

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

mrsjones5,

My husband tells me that he thinks I am beautiful

So do I.* I'm just sayin'.

gently feral

*(remembering the one time we met at the XJW picnic before you guys moved to the middle-west)

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Smiles_Smiles,

Bottom line though ... I WANT IT ALL!

Me too! Funny thing is, though, my lovers keep redefining beauty for me. My favorite (ex) girlfriend was tall, bony, and awkward, but once I got a taste of the brain candy and the naughty bits I thought knew tall/bony/awkward was HOT.

Same for my now paunchy, graying, balding husband – something about that mysterious mischeivous smile of his makes my clothes fall off alla time. 32 years and counting.

gently feral

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

both! why settle for less?

• bailabklyn
    bailabklyn

Personality wins out. Spirituality wins out as well. Guys who are religious, however, are a HUGE turnoff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit