What will you do to celebrate Oct 2 2014?

by jwfacts 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Worked, enjoyed a Scooby treat and am now waiting for the OR and AZ game. Here's to hoping the Ducks are totally humiliated tonight and Hovah does not rapture me till the game is over.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Having a toast to my baby sister, Berengaria, who is having a b-day today.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Wait ! isn't tonight when the Hale-Bopp comet comes to collect us?

I've got to get my tennis shoes and black PJ's on.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The Bible Students are celebrating too! Maybe they should put the past behind them and have a party with the JW's.

http://herald-magazine.com/2014/07/13/1914-2014/

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Wow, I've been posting of over 8 years.

The funny thing is that yesterday I totally forgot it was October 2nd and the 100th year anniversary of invisible reign.

There is no point fretting over the past so I think it will be a good time to celebrate. I am planning to "Party like it is 1999"

Quite coincidently, last night I did party like it was 1999. I went to a Veruca Salt concert and rocked on until 3:30am. Fortunately the world didn't end whilst I was out.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Great thread... Smiddy made it!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why are we not seeing people leaving this cult in droves?

• jwfacts
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow, that Bible Student site is bat-shit crazy too!! So glad I stopped trying to decipher all of it!! The good news is that there was one comment about the 100 year blog! Only one....

DD

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Friday October 3, 2014 all is fine here in Canada. Just remembering how I was told by every CO, elder, ms, & pioneer back in 1979/80 that I would never, ever work 30 years and retire from my public sector job in 2010. People told me I was dreaming, (2010 really??) for a certainty Armageddon would be here long before 30 years would ever go by. I was accused of having a weak faith and not understanding the meaning of world events.

So many of the JW’s I knew that were born in the late 1950’s and were teenagers in the 1970’s truly lived with that narrow minded ideology. The idea of getting old and preparing for the future was foreign to them. Some left school when they turned 16 with a Grade 10 education to start pioneering as soon as possible. Don’t get me wrong many of these people were my friends, very sincere and heartfelt in their desire to please God. Now when I observe their anxieties primarily due to financial hardships caused by poor planning and job losses, I sort of feel sorry for them. Nevertheless I hold the WTS leadership responsible for creating this dismal state of affairs. Millions of honest hearted brothers & sisters have paid a steep price, giving up the prime of their lives to serve these twisted men, who claim to be the “voice of God.”

WT June 15, 1957 p. 370 par. 7: “It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the “slave” as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.”

These leaders have a lot to answer for. I’m glad I always served and made life altering decisions with the, “What If…??……Philosophy……Guiding Me.”

What If..??……it’s all a crock, a lie, a scam, a clever fabrication and just another man made religion, then what?? Yes we are starting the 2 nd century of Jesus' invisible heavenly rule. Faded 4 years now and never felt better.

To my very few friends that still bother to speak to me, more than 3 decades later, I say this, “Collecting that full City pension with benefits is awesome.”

I will celebrate this momentous anniversary by having a couple of drinks, and see what’s on Netflix.

Cheers To Everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit