What will you do to celebrate Oct 2 2014?

by jwfacts 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LDH
    LDH

Hilarious.

My mother gets this child like and yet prophetic fear of October every year. That is freaking hilarious if you ask me. Whenever something bad happens in October, the drama faucet gets turned on.

Guess 9/11 was a month early!

I would recommend some old-time sandwich boards with their "Millions now living will never die". Perhaps we could pool funds and rent a billboard in Brooklyn for this very purpose. I would gladly chip in.

• JH
    JH

I'll compose a song withe the lyrics, "Millions now living will never die"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"The Watchtower lied:

Millions died!"

• JH
    JH

Millions died!"
    Billions and Billions died....just like generations before this one.....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Something went wrong and lost 3/4 of the quotes.

Anyway, don't know why the emphasis on Oct, but a most of the references to Oct all are based around the WTS's own made up chronology. The following are a few I found in the mags:

• Jesus born October 2BCE
    • Adam created October
    • Overthrow of Jersusalem October 607
    • Overthrown of Babylon by Cyrus October 539
    • Start of Jewish New Year October

I can't find any justification for most of the above statements though. Just the WTS saying it is so.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A new service begun in 1936 in Newark, New Jersey, was further developed in London. In advertising the lecture "Face the Facts" not only were placards suspended from the shoulders of the individual Witnesses fore and aft but, additionally, between those wearing the placards, other Witnesses carried signs fastened to poles. These signs read alternately "Religion Is a Snare and a Racket" and "Serve God and Christ the King." The brothers then formed a parade line that was six miles long and walked through the busy sections of the city passing out handbills as they went advertising the talk. This spectacular feature came to be known as "information marching" and was used extensively for some time to advertise the recorded public lecture, though later the Witnesses would walk singly or in pairs instead of forming a parade line. -- "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Divine Purpose" page 145

So "sandwich boards" are a historical precedent.

"Face the Facts: the Watchtower is a snare and a racket!"

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Here's my billboard:

Keep On Truckin'!
    The Watchtower: Wrong for the next 100 years!

SNG

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    What will you do to celebrate Oct 2 2014?

Celebrating my 53rd birthday....

lisa

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

LOL.... I love the whole concept of this. I would definately be in a major apostafest like this. (I could plan a trip to see all my JWD friends from the states while I am there too! Hurrah)

Imagine a whole convoy of Aussie apostates heading on over. oooohhhhhh....

Miss Peaches rubs hands with glee!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

rebel 8 you need to check your math and your sense of reason. you ask how he got to oct 2014? was it published? did he add 80+1914? WTF?!? the last one would make 1994 not 2014 which is worse than 2014. and as far as reason and simple logic all he did was add 100 to the great historical date.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit