Is there any hope of you coming back to Jehovah?

by LeftBehind 128 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

ditto Blondie's comment on the 1st page of the thread, THE WTS IS AN APOSTATE ORGINIZATION, I HAVE THE TRUTH

• Heaven
    Heaven

Never heard of the place. Never been there. So I guess my answer is... "No."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

No, there is no 'hope' but that is because the religion is not what it purported to be in the first place. I am a 'fader' and am not officially out but I would never have joined the religion in the first place if I knew about its history and all the changed teachings and failed prophecies. They kept this hidden. I found out about all this in 2000 but I had suspected much of it all along. There were only a few new things I learned. I didn't realize the pedophilia lawsuits were so widespread and I also did not know the religion joined the U.N. I consider this to be a real biggie because the religion preached all along that the U.N. was so evil, etc. So, I was pretty upset when I learned about this. I also never agreed with the religion's stand against college education and careers. I am a single woman who works full time and had to listen to stupid remarks from even stupider people.

I don't even think I would want to associate with the religion at this point in time. With the failing economy, I would have no tolerance for anybody thinking they are going to target the remaining working people. I would end up having to tell people off! Several years ago before the economy collapsed I always said I didn't want to be anywhere near certain people when reality hit. Now. Reality has hit!

• Open mind
    Open mind

A frontal lobotomy would do the trick for me.

om

• sacolton
    sacolton

When I left the organization, I passed the test ...

Deuteronomy 13:1- 3,5 If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God... he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Leftbehind, please give me a body of evidence why I should go back to the organisation. Provide me with reasons that really demonstrate that the WTS has gods approval and that they teach the truth. If you can do that then I may consider my decision to leave as invalid.

• Gregor
    Gregor

No more than I would willingly start crapping my pants or sucking my thumb.

I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I do understand trying to make forward progress as a human being.

• dissed
    dissed

I guess at gunpoint, I might do it, but would still have to think long and hard.

Let's see.

Bullet to the head or Child molesters

Bullet to the head or Innocent children killed by no blood

Bullet to the head or constant judging

Bullet to the head or unscriptural shunning doctrine

Bullet to the head or living the lie daily

Bullet to the head or following old men in Brookyn rather than the Bible

Okay, let me close my eyes, then you can pull the trigger.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I would go back if it could be proven that Jehovah actually exists and he's not the cruel, vindictive, murderous rage-aholic that is portrayed in the Bible...

maybe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit