Is there any hope of you coming back to Jehovah?

by LeftBehind 128 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This thread is simply amazing. A real classic in the making.

Leftbehind, I hope you will be reading them, not as an insincere compilation of random hatred and desire to bring down the Watchtower due to some inherent 'evil', but as they truly are, good and decent and sincere people who have had clear and solid reasons to divest the religious skin called the "Jehovah's witnesses."

I cannot see myself ever returning to this organization. The reason is simple. They have lied to me. They have decieved me. They have caused me to make poor choices in my life due to the concept that they are God's mouthpiece. They have wrongly disfellowshipped people that were good and decent people, for what? For daring to read the Bible and accept what it says without WT interpretations.

No, your brother did not decide to exit you and your family. You and your family have decided that he is no longer worthy of your association because he no longer agrees with your religion and it's teachings. My family had done the same with me. I have done no wrong from God's perspective - only decided to let the Bible be my guide and to ignore the guidance of those who have lied to me. If that is my sin, and if that is your brother's sin, then it is time to take a good look at your motives. Not his.

Jeff

• caligirl
    caligirl

Welcome, Leftbehind.

I have not read most of the replies you received from this thread, so what I will write may be redundant. But I do hope that you are taking the time to really read what the responses to your question are, and that you sincerely want to know the reasons.

I am what is commonly known as a fader, no official exit because my parents remain witnesses. My parents are well aware of where I stand. But I am one of the lucky few whose parents have chosen NOT to shun me, and we continue to have a very close relationship. I realize how precious that is, and I do not take it lightly. They are of course not happy about my choice, but they nonetheless respect it as my personal right to choose. In this matter, they have shown that man's rules (the organization) does not dictate their actions.

Your relative is not evil for what he did. He simply followed bible counsel by listening to what was being taught, and comparing it to what the bible says. This urging to research for yourself can be found in many watchtower publications as well. Your brother chose not to be a hypocrite and go on pretending that he agreed with what he had been taught. Personal integrity should be applauded and respected, not shunned. He has done nothing biblically wrong by choosing to leave the witnesses. It is only your conditioning that makes it a crime to change your belief system.

I hope that you will read on this site, and on the iternet in general, or go to your library and research for yourself. Talk to your relative and seek to understand the reasons for the decision. No one is telling you that you must agree with their choice, or that you have to choose the same path. But let me ask you this: How can you go out in service and request that others question their belief and listen to yours with an open mind if you are stubbornly unwilling to put your own religion to the same scrutiny? I find it terribly sad that you would allow man's rules to govern you and cut your family member out of your life rather than look at your religion with the same microscope that you are asking others to do when you knock on their door or study with them.

Think on this. Your relative likely knew that you and the rest of your family would heartlessly cut him off from associating with you when he made this choice. Don't you think that there must be some pretty serious weight behind what he discovered to make him choose that over staying quiet and living a lie?

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

LeftBehind? I wouldn't let the watchtower org. stop you from being a family with your brother. Blood is thicker than a publishing company.

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind

tea,

I am out of that cult now. My brother and I are closer than ever.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

???

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

???

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

???

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

???

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I have no idea what happened...the question marked ones and this one can be deleted...lol

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I am so happy for you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit