Is there any hope of you coming back to Jehovah?

by LeftBehind 128 Replies latest jw friends

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

I was born and raised as a Witness. I will never again seek to become one of their members. I left because time after time after time I saw proof that the Witnesses are not God's people as they claim.

The elders did not have God's holy spirit. They were either drunk with power, sleeping with another elder's wife or a good man who was miserable and couldn't figure out why.

The large majority of the "friends" were not loving and supportive of one another. They were backbiting and cliquish. Gossip and in fighting was the name of the game. These observations come from more than one congregation over a long period of time. Not a fluke.

I saw a dear friend nearly come apart mentally when, after her drunken husband chased her around the house with a sledgehammer, the elders asked her "what had she done to make him angry?" and was read scriptures counseling wives to be obidient with their husbands.

The list goes on and on and on... Its a thin shell of "theocratic harmony" over a mass of unhappiness and corruption.

Notice that I haven't even touched on the issues with doctrines taught by the Witnesses. I left solely on the belief that I would only ever find hurt and pain and betrayal from this group. It took months before I was brave enough to come to these websites and start investigating the history of the Society. The history that you never seem to hear very much about when you are in the org.

It was a revelation. It confirmed everything I already knew in my heart.

LeftBehind...I don't know what I can really tell you about your brother. I see that you are very upset and very hurt about his leaving the organization. No matter what the situation, it's always useful to try and see the other's person point of view. Talk to him. Really listen to his answers. Think about them with your heart and your mind - not with the pattened answers that the Society teaches.

I wish you well.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I must say LB, this is much calmer than your first post.

I do hope you went back and looked at those replies. Do you honestly want to know what it would take to come back the organization for me?

If u do I will answer the question. But if you won't read it - like you said you would not on your first post - I won't waste my time or yours.

Jeff

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

LeftBehind don't shun your brother. I'm sure that he loves you. He just doesn't love the organization. Jehovah is supposed to be a God of love. He commanded that we love our brothers. How many times did Jesus tell Peter that he was to forgive his brother? The Watchtower doesn't decide who goes to heaven or hell. You've got to understand that.

• daystar
    daystar

You are living with the assumption that the Jehovah's Witnesses is Jehovah's organization. That could hardly be further from the Truth.

And until you catch a glimpse behind the curtain yourself, I doubt you would recognize the signs that most of us have seen.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I was innocently working for my company to investigate whether we could handle becoming Associates to the UN/DPI (we wanted to investigate becoming an outlet of UN information regarding certain key issues that harmonized with the line of work the company was in).

I went to the UN Web site on a fact finding/information gathering mission for the company. I was shocked to find a link on the UN Web site titled Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. and was even more schocked to find out the facts reported on the PDF it linked to.

The WBTS of NY, Inc. was a member of the UN Department of Public Information from early 1992 through most of 2001. I reeled. I wrote a letter to the Society, got back a letter that thoroughly minimized the grossness of such a relationship. Per the standards in the books Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry and Organized to Do Jehovah's Will they had effectively disassociated themselves from the truth for 10 years. (od p. 155 paragraph 2)

They did not deny anything, but cautioned me against being deceived. It was good advice.

I started digging for basis for all kinds of teachings I've believed all my life and found an incredible number have no basis in Scripture at all. I have had many meetings with elders, several with the Circuit Overseer, have been asking for an audience with a Governing Body member (to no avail) to get answers regarding this UN/DPI association.

Finally I was told by my father (Presiding Overseer) and my Circuit Overseer that they are accountable only to themselves and to Jehovah. I asked whether I should hold them accountable to their own standards and I was told they do not answer to me.

You wrote: "I have thought and thought for months if something bad happened. If he was stumbled some how that Satan was able to get to him when he was vulenerable."

In my case, something bad happened. I found out a truth that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society does not publish to its faithful followers. I found out that they do not deny the truth of what I found. I found out that I will be disfellowshipped if I am caught publicizing what happened. If you want to refer to Satan as the one who stumbled me, I won't object. But the ones who stumbled me are those who should be teaching. They bear the heavier accountability.

So, here I am. No longer deceived. Could my family do anything? If they could get the Organization to stop teaching lies and stop threatening to punish people for telling the truth I would consider going back. I don't like the odds of that happening, I wouldn't bet on it.

The Bible writers are noted for candor which, in my experience, holy spirit motivates. The WTS is not noted for candor.

AuldSoul

P.S. It is nice to see you asking questions instead of hurling insults.

• Spectre
    Spectre

The load is suppossed to be "light". I would have killed myself because of the pressure and guilt that I felt. Guilt at not getting in 10 hours a month every month, guilt at not being totally enthralled with what the speaker was saying, guilt if I didn't have the time(or didn't feel like it) for studying for every meeting.

When I left 12 years ago I completely thought that I was going to die soon at armageddon. At the time I needed to actually live some for myself, at the time I did leave room to go back. Now after getting somewhat educated, after seeing the world without the JW blinders on, after reading Crisis of Conscience, I would never go back.

When I left, I left behind friends and family. I never made a big deal out of it because I always knew that everything was conditional. Long times friendships were only based on how many hours I put into field service.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Welcome LeftBehind

I am sorry you are feeling frustrated with your family affairs at the moment. I hope that you can resolve things between you and your brother.

Personally I was raised as a JW. It was your fairly standard JW youth. Dad was never one so we were excluded from most things so a lonely childhood for me. However this didn't stop me from believing that it was the truth.

Eventually a time came however that I just couldn't live up to the standards of being a witness. I constantly felt inadequate and unable to accomplish anything worthwhile. I started getting very depressed. So soon I stopped going to meetings. I still believed however.

A couple of years later I thought I would look into some of the dates like 607BCE and research it further. To my dismay I learnt that Jeresuleum wasn't destroyed in that year at all! My whole belief system began to crumble. That prompted me to investigate things further.

There is no way I will be returning to the witnesses. I believe in God still though.

• greendawn
    greendawn

LB tens of thousands leave the JWs each year because they have serious faults that they refuse to correct. Some don't like the isolationist attitude some don't like the dictatorial approach of the GB, some see them as false prophets etc

• Sassy
    Sassy

Understand there is a difference between no longer following the Watchtower Society and leaving Jehovah.

We left the organization, not necessarily God.

and personally no, there is no hope for me to return to the man made organization called the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"Watch out for false prophets." Jesus

Does anyone else think the following constitute a serious case against JWs? They are all from Studies in the Scriptures (S) from their founder and the WT itself:

"Christ's presence and the harvest began in 1874." S Vol.2

"Second advent in 1874" S Vol.3

"The millenium began in 1874 with the return of Christ." S Vol.7

"six thousand years of evil ended in 1874." S Vol.7

"The end of 6000 years is 1873." WT 7/15/1894

"By 1914 the Lord will have full control." S Vol.2

Early editions of Vol.7 say 1914 later ones ammend this to 1915

"That the deliverance of the saints must take place some time before 1914 is manifest..." S Vol.2 1913 edition

"That the deliverance of the saints must takes place very soon after 1914 is manifest..." S Vol.2 1923 edition

"Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1874 was the chronological beginning of the time of trouble..." S Vol.3 1903 edition

"Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1914 was the chronological beginning of the time of trouble..."
    S Vol.3 1923 edition

"No doubt Satan believed the Millennial Kingdom was due to be set up in 1915... Be that as it may, there is evidence that the establishment of the Kingdom of Palestine will probably be in 1925, ten years later than we once calculated." S Vol.7

"...1914 is not the date for the beginning, but the end!" WT 7/15/1894

"We did not say positively that this would be the year." WT 11/1/1914 [!!!]

"Reexamine... Vol.2 pages 246 and 247; change the 37 to 40, 70 to 73 and 1914 to 1918, and we believe it is correct and will be fulfilled 'with great power and glory.'" S Vol.7

"The harvest is due in the Spring of 1918." WT 5/1/1918

"The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914." WT 7/15/1924

"The publications of JWs have shown that...it appears that 6000 years of man's existence will be completed in the mid-1970's. But these publications have never said that the world's end would come then." WT 10/15/1974

"6000 years of human history will end in September." WT 5/1/1975

"Considerable expectation was aroused regarding the year 1975... [I wonder why?!?] It is to be regretted... the publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date." WT 3/15/1980

This ignores a lot more stuff to be found in other publications that are just as contradictory and this is only a start on the possible quotes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this MISinformation, labelled as "food from God", the Mexico/Malawi atrocities, the Jimmy Swaggert lawsuit that the WTS buddied up with his "ministiries" and the Hare Krishna movement (where the WTS ended up LOSING the lawsuit so that they THEN implemented the "Donation Arrangement" calling it a "loving provision" instead of trying to worm their way out of paying TAXES, the Tacoma Dome parking scandal, AND the LIES about the UN library card that the JWs swallowed hook-line and sinker.....

These are MY reasons for leaving the WATCHTOWER SOCIETY and I have not "left Jehovah". NOBODY has a lien on his love alone, althogh your WTS will tell you so......

When YOU are tired of the LIES and the CONTROL over everything in your LIFE......you will see that your brother made the BEST choice. If you DON'T "see" what lying and manipulative MEN you are "serving" (and pleasing), then none of this will even sink in. The WTS history of preaching, teaching and tellling "the TRUTH" is pitiful, and their credibility level is ZERO. I could not trust their "reasonings" for one moment longer after 30 years of "believing" everything they said.

ALL of the examples and incidents can be viewed online through search engines if you don't want to take the "word of an apostate" on any of this.

respectfully,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit