Wife is waking up.

by cappytan 45 Replies latest members private

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Extraordinary. Sounds like my wife!
  • steve2
    steve2

Wow- that must be so promising for you. You'll know likely from your own felt experience that there'll be a degree of 'some days forward, some back' with the doubt - but that in general once the scales fall from the eyes, there's no return to how it used to be. Personal research is the death knell to blind compliance with the GBs' directives and it can be frightening to lose one's'innocent' 'spoon-fed' faith.

Your wife alreafy has a savvy eye on the local connections that make leaving hard - this is a form of planning ahead on the best way to exit.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    That is a huge breakthrough. That she has considered the consequences of leaving in such a short span of time is wonderful. It won't be easy, but at least yiu can now support each other.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh cappy!!

You don't know how happy your post has made me!

That is such a wonderful positive step for you guys!

I can only hope that the same occurs for myself and others here going through similar situations!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

She said she was kind of mad at me for showing her this stuff, that she wishes she didn't know what she knows now.

This made me laugh because it is exactly how I felt when I started to figure things out. I was mad at the society but was equally mad at my hubby for telling me all this stuff and ruining my idyllic world.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Great news. Don't push it too hard, too fast, too much at once. Let her do her research, don't force feed her. Beware of emotional ties that may tilt her decision backwards. Make sure you stand by her and reassure her that you have her back no matter what. She'll feel more confident to follow her critical thinking.

Eden

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I got chills reading this!!!

cappy , don't forget her birthday! Get her something nice...she's prob not ready for a cake with candles yet, but an elegant piece of jewelry perhaps!!!

• Listener
    Listener

"She then said, "As long as we live here, we can't stop being Witnesses. It's too complicated. We'd have to move away."

That must be music to you ears, not the idea that you may have to move away but the fact that she said 'we' as in we will have to do this together.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    cappy , don't forget her birthday! Get her something nice...she's prob not ready for a cake with candles yet, but an elegant piece of jewelry perhaps!!!

This! Every valentine's day my wife has made a joke about me getting her chocolates. She loves a sampler and she loves chocolate so valentine's chocolates have her name all over 'em. Well this year was my first 'awake' valentines day and I bought her a huge box of chocolates. There was a split second where I thought she was going to go into cult mode, but she was overwhelmed by her love for chocolate. Moral of the story is - make it too costly for her to uphold the values of the cult by giving her a great birthday present.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm giving you advice, you're doing a hell of a lot better with your wife than I am with mine. I'm jealous!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just keep showing unconditional love!

(that is something the cong will not give her)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit