Wife is waking up.

by cappytan 45 Replies latest members private

• cappytan
    cappytan

Well, I had an interesting discussion with my wife the other night.

Her Birthday is coming up soon and I know she doesn't 100% agree with the GB stance on birthdays although she follows the direction.

So I brought the issue up and showed her how Job's family celebrated their birthdays and how the society has deliberately obscured that fact esp with the Revised New World Translation.

She was extremely upset and pissed because she saw it. She didn't want to talk about it, and I thought that would be it. I thought she was in cult mode.

But the next day, she brought it up and told me she had been researching what I said and that I was right. She also said she researched 607BCE (which I mentioned weeks ago that I had doubts about) and that she couldn't in good conscience say the Society was right. There was no evidence.

She said she was kind of mad at me for showing her this stuff, that she wishes she didn't know what she knows now.

I told her that I felt exactly the same way for weeks, but now I'm glad I know.

She then said, "As long as we live here, we can't stop being Witnesses. It's too complicated. We'd have to move away."

I said, "Well, let's take it slow. If it comes to that, it comes to that. But for now, you know that you shouldn't believe everything without proving it to yourself first."

She felt better about that, and we moved on to other topics.

I never thought in a million years that my wife would have brought up the possibility of not being Witnesses before I did, much less that she'd be open to these discussions.

• cofty
    cofty

She has chosen the red pill. There is no return.

It make take a long time for practical reasons but you are free.

Happy days.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Happy days.

Heck yeah. It's a huge relief.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Great news for you! Just be gentle with her.

You have many more things to tell her, but she won't be able to bear them - all at once!

"She said she was kind of mad at me for showing her this stuff, that she wishes she didn't know what she knows now...... "

My former Bible Study, now a Ministerial Servant, said the exact same thing to me because I discussed Romans 6:7 with him. He immediately recognised that the surrounding verses prove it is speaking figuratively, as opposed to the Org's perverted literal interpretation!

• kairos
    kairos

This is a wonderful update!!

I can only hope my wife awakens as well.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm glad your wife is thinking for herself and questioning things, cappytan.

I think you've got the right idea - taking it slow.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    She has chosen the red pill. There is no return.

Indeed, it may be a long journey for her, but she has taken a couple of the steps. Enjoy finding a path together. It is my greatest wish that my journey will be shared by my life partner one day.

• carla
    carla
    I am happy for you! Hope the journey continues! all the best, carla
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Seems that she has strength and honesty and intelligence that most Witnesses don't have.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Awesome! So happy you're making progress! Progress with my wife has been slow, but it's always good to see that it is possible to get somewhere. Well done sir.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit