Police caution woman for breastfeeding in public!

by nicolaou 99 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I just watched the local BBC news and there was a story about a woman who'd fed her baby while sitting on a public bench. She finished and was on her way when a police car drew up beside her and asked her to stop. There had been a complaint. She was cautioned and told not to breastfeed in public in the future.

What crime has this woman committed? Who's the small-minded, petty little meddler who'd actually complain about a woman feeding her baby? Why on earth did the police feel the need to do what they did?

Some people...

Seriously, is anyone offended by the sight of a woman breastfeeding?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

huh? can't believe it...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

So sad. That must have been really humiliating for her.

I don't see any problem with breastfeeding in public as long as the mother is being reasonably discreet - which most do have the sense to be - to avoid potential embarrassment to others.

On the same subject, I heard on the radio a few nights back that they are thinking of outlawing breastfeeding in public again, I'm sure they only legalised it a couple of years ago, what's the sense in that?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

I don't see any problem with breastfeeding in public as long as the mother is being reasonably discreet - which most do have the sense to be - to avoid potential embarrassment to others.

what embarrassment?

• Gill
    Gill

WE have a crazy labour government in this country that gets blown about with its decisions whichever way the latest public opinion is going and has no common sense of its own to stand on. They'll be outlawing going to the toilet next. Glad I didn't vote labour last election! They're a bunch of dumb asses. A government is supposed to lead the people, not be led by the people. It's meant to be more knowledgeable and sensible than the ordinary folk ...and stand on principles, but not this wishy washy government.

Shame on them!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I thought surely this would have happened in the US, in fact it has happened over here numerous places and numerous times. They want to make it seem as if this perfectly natural event is something obscene. People need to get over it.

Sherry

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

overheard on a busy glasgow bus....

drunk man gets on bus and sees a women breastfeeding her child...and says do you mind moving over

the woman looks around and says there are plenty of seats elsewhere

drunk man says....i was talking to the kid

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not offended but I do get jealous.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Hearing that a meddling twit complained about a mother who is simply feeding her baby -- sad.

Hearing that the police actually bothered to get involved in what should be a non-issue -- kinda scary.

When I was breastfeeding in public areas, people were actually gross enough to suggest that I feed my baby in the bathroom. Yuck! I wonder how many of them would take their plates and go sit on the toilet to eat their lunch.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have breastfed all 4 of my children in private and public and no one has ever come up to me and said anything. If anyone had I would have told them to mind their own business and take their breast phobia elsewhere.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit