Police caution woman for breastfeeding in public!

by nicolaou 99 Replies latest social current

• avishai
    avishai

No male lactaion for me. Sounds fun and all, but I would'nt wanna choke the lil' one w/ a hairball.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Billygoat

How do you all feel about breastfeeding women who really don't care that people see their breast? I'm not just talking about a little peep inbetween the baby and the blanket. I'm talking about some women that bare all and don't give a flying fig that they're "letting it all hang out". Does that bother anyone? Because I've seen some women in restaurants with their shirt pulled down their shoulder and just letting their breast hang there for all to see. That DOES bother me.

Here's a really revolutionary idea. Why not concetrate on your dining companion/s and your food, and stop staring at the poor woman trying to feed her baby?

It obviously upsets you and I am sure it makes her feel uncomfortable too, so as far as I can see it, if you can tear your eyes away, everyone will be happier for it.

I have a hard time with women that nurse in the great wide open with their breast hanging out like a flagpole on a windless day.

Your hyperbole really underlines how reasonable you may or may nor be about this issue. I've never seen this, so either you live in a part of the world where women "nurse in the great wide open with their breast hanging out like a flagpole on a windless day", or it is YOUR perception on the issue that is being displayed here.

But then again, I have an issue with the little girls that wear thongs three inches above their waistline as well. I just don't want to see it.

Again, if you go round staring at things that offend you, you will be offended. Funny that. Take the responsibility for not reacting to things in your environment that do you no harm like a bull reacting to a red flag. Look the other way. Do you get this upset over seeing homeless people in the street? I think to have any sense of perspective, you should, as a woman's tit or ass crack being visable is really NOTHING compared to seeing people who have to sleep on the streets.

That's exactly my point. While yes, I believe that it's more appropriate for a women to nurse her child at the dinner table than in the bathroom, I'm not forced to watch her in the bathroom. At a restaurant, if I'm sitting across the aisle while she has her boob hanging out (again, I'm not talking about being discreetly covered or the baby pulling the blanket on occasion), I am stuck. I have no choice but to sit and eat while seeing her breast.

What utter rubbish. FDORCED to watch - did you read that back to yourself? You might feel this way, but it is something you bring to the situation. Hell, I am a man, I am programmed to stare at breasts, and I can quite easily ignore someone breast feeding in front of me.

As beautiful as my husband's naked body is, I don't necessarily want him to come to the table shirtless either.

Ah, and here we see where your misperception lies. A man coming to the table in a normal restauraunt without a shirt is sending out a sexual signal. He'd normally be a straipagram. In beach bars and resorts this would not neccesarily be so. A woman feeding a child is not a sexual signal. Why carry on responding to an obviously screwed up misperception? The woman's actions are not at fault (out side of hyperbolic situations that no one I know has ever seen occur), your perceptions of nudity are at fault.

You seem to expect other people to deal with your inability to seperate non-sexual nudity and sexual nudity. Is that fair, when one of the people is a tiny little baby and the other typically a tired, over-stressed mother, who is actually getting food cooked for her for a change that MIGHT still be warm when she eats it?

• Golf
    Golf

I grew up in an atmosphere of breast-feeding. What has happened to mankind? The women should have offered the policeman some tit milk to shut him up.

Golf

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Has anyone else noticed how peevish people have naked eyes, right out in public? Why don't they have the basic human decency to cover them? Do they think I want to look at them, with glaring accusation blazing out of those orbs? It doesn't even matter if they're looking at me, I don't want them baring their eyes in public if all they can see is criticism of difference. Down with naked eyes! If it puts you off to look, cover up!

Eyes are the portal to the soul. It isn't what they see that offends, it is what is on the inside that offends.

AuldSoul

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I was breastfed until I was 3 or 4, but given my mothers prudishness about nudity I doubt this happened in public.

I like women to get their breasts out and I don't care what for - its a crying shame we're forced to keep them strapped up in nasty old bras. I'm always flattered if someone asks to see mine.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I'm always flattered if someone asks to see mine.

Okay guys, who's gonna be the first to ask? Form an orderly line...

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

I'm always flattered if someone asks to see mine.

go ahead!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hey guys - I said I was flattered - I didn't say I'd whip em out for inspection!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Abaddon,

Ah, a discussion about boobs. I knew you'd come to this thread.

Again, don't take me wrong. I have NOTHING against a woman who wants to breast feed in public. In a restaurant or on a park bench or bathroom. My request is just that they cover up and consider that some just don't want to see the breast. What concerns me about these type of discussions is that some people feel that since the woman is feeding her child (a natural and loving thing to do), damn the desires of anyone else. THAT I have an issue with. This isn't an issue where one side gets all the rights because the action is "natural". This IS a two way street. Decent human interaction begs for consideration of everyone's desires.

It obviously upsets you and I am sure it makes her feel uncomfortable too, so as far as I can see it, if you can tear your eyes away, everyone will be happier for it.

I wish you'd been with me in this particular situation. Because you would have seen that there was not an embarrassed bone in her body. Actually she seemed rather arrogant to the point where it was obvious that her husband and children were embarrassed by her actions as well. I've witnessed other situations as well. AGAIN, I have no issue with breastfeeding in public. But there is a time and place and need for discretion at certain times of our lives. I'd like to think that when the day comes for me to nurse my child, I will have the discernment as to what that means.

I'm not the type to get offended over nudity easily. I'm not a puritanical legalist. Anyone here that's met me, will tell you that as well. In fact, I love being naked, much to the happiness of my dear husband. We've tinkered with the idea of going to a nude beach. Your moniker has actually been one of the inspirations for those discussions. It sounds like tons of fun to me! (Maybe an idea for our next apostofest? ) But the difference here is that, at a nude beach, nudity is something to expect. If you don't like it, you don't have to go. A strip show? If you don't like it, you don't have to go. A "mother's room" at a convention hall, where the room is full of women breastfeeding? If that offends you and you don't like it, you don't have to go. You should expect to see a little boobie in there. A public restaurant and other areas of life that are more populated, a little more discretion is called for. At least here in the US. Perhaps there is a cultural gap between you and I?

Regards,

Andi

• oldflame
    oldflame

Flyinghighnow,

To respond to your post on the first page about tasting breast milk. I remember when my first wife one night we were about to make love and I was playing with her breast and she said they were hurting because they were full of milk and the baby was asleep. So I said hell if the milk was good enough for my son to drink it should be okay for me to drink so I RELIEVED HER. It did not taste bad at all and I got to finish playing with the titty. She breast fed in public and no one ever complained about it. Then we learned about the breast pump and never had that problem again.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit