Jesus was a liar.

by nicolaou 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Comatose
    Comatose

Jesus is answering their question about when the end would come. He describes the roman invasion in 14-20. He then continues on to say that this generation would not pass away before these things happen. What things? Verses 24-27. His RETURN in glory as King. Well those folks all died and now the WT is saying generation isn't really a generation. But, in reality Jesus was just a false prophet no?

• tec
    tec

Again, verses 24-27 have not happened yet.

(Nor had the gospel been preached to the whole world at the time of the roman invasion; that is a separate matter)

So... no ; )

Not a false prophet.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Tammy should be writing for the Watchtower.

• tec
    tec

You keep saying things like that.. but they don't mean anuything. Just words. No substance to them.

Peace,

tammy

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In ancient times stories were told by the many various and individualized civilizations, mostly pertaining to their own created deities of worship.

The story and life of Jesus Christ is just but one of those many told.

• cofty
    cofty

The old guys at Brooklyn read the bible the way you do Tammy. No concept of historical or cultural context at all. They take a few words out of a verse and say these were fulfilled in the 1st C, then the next phrase was fulfilled in the 19th C but will have another fulfillment later, and then the next couple of words have a three-fold fulfillment and so on.

It's pure fatasy that would only fool infants or adults who want to be fooled.

Jesus was convinced he was living in the last days of planet earth and that he was the chosen one. He had fantasies about returning in glory all within the same generation. That was how he could justify ripping apart families - in his deluded head, surviving the apocalypse was all that mattered.

He was a dangerous man - whether he was a willful liar or a buffoon I don't know. It's very disconcerting that you are still hearing his lying voice in your head.

• tec
    tec

Yeah, Cofty? No Christian believes that Christ is a false prophet. Regardless of whether they simply call themselves Christains or ARE Christians by Christ giving them holy spirit. Not just the guys in Brooklyn.

The verses in those prophecies themselves say that it is not meant to have happened yet. The four winds has also not happened yet. Not multiple fulfillments, but one long fulfillment describing from then... to the end.

Also Christ is written to have said this:

Watch out that you are not decieved. For many will come in m name, claiming 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them. When you hear of wars and revolutions do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

1 generation Tammy - pure and simple.

When I say you sound like the Watchtower it's not a cheap shot. You really do sound precisely like them.

• tec
    tec

Okay, its not a cheap shot. But its not true either. Some things are going to sound as the wts teaches... because there is some truth in all religion. But I have to assume that it is not much different than other denominations on this point.

The 'generation' is really the only thing that seems to prevent a problem, even though I know that all of those things were not going to come on that specific group, and since my Lord is alive and does speak/teach... I know that he is not false, and that the end (four winds/tribulation, etc) is still to come. (the temple was destroyed and torn down, and it - or what it stood for - was later rebuilt; so one prophecy and not many)

But I look it up and its root word.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1074&t=NIV

There are other options there than what people have considered him to mean. Especially since the four winds and other such things could not have come about at that time.

Peace,

tammy

• adamah
    adamah

"When you hear of wars and revolutions do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."

I heard about the French Revolution: did Jesus mean like that? Or was he referring more to "the INDUSTRIAL revolution"? Or perhaps, the TECHNOLOGICAL revolution? Darn that Jesus and his intentionally-nebulous prophecies!

BTW, there's NEVER been a time in the recorded history of mankind when there WASN'T a war going on, somewhere. Jesus might've just as well said, "when you hear of the sky being blue...."

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit