Jesus was a liar.

by nicolaou 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
    Satanus

alt

47000 trees all on the same, continuous root system. http://www.tarol.com/aspens.html

Note for gumbly: is this what james thomas was saying?

S

• Golf
    Golf

Nic, would you be willing to test your belief in yourself?

Golf

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

My 2 euro-cents:

The Johannine Jesus is a distinct literary character, which has little in common with the synoptic hero (not to mention the hypothetical "historical Jesus"). He is nothing less than the heavenly revealer come into flesh, speaking heavenly and sounding crazy to earthly-minded people (10:20).

• Golf
    Golf

Satanus, thanks for providing that interesting site. That's up my alley.

Golf

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Nic, would you be willing to test your belief in yourself?

How?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

nic

Now as far as this topic is concerned, how would Jesus have answered the question - "Do I believe in myself"?

It would have been easy to renounce, if he had been lying.

Even his mother could have exposed his lie, by telling who his father was, had he been lying.

They both let the crucifixion take place.

D Dog

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Even his mother could have exposed his lie, by telling who his father was, had he been lying.

Why did i I immediately think of Monty python's "The Life Of Brian" - "thats not the prophet, thats Brian and he's been a very naughty boy"!

Sorry, back to a serious and relevant thread

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Even his mother could have exposed his lie, by telling who his father was..

Maybe she didn't know who it was. Could've been Joseph, could've been Pantera who's to say. One things for sure - it wasn't some invisible 'guy in the sky'.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

After I began my journey, I came to believe that Jesus was created sort of like an extension of Jehovah, like made of the same stuff, I came to this conclusion because of some of the things he said. I continued my research however, and found something very disturbing, i found evidence that Jesus shared many attributes with previous myths and gods I found this in another website that pretty much breaks it down, I don't agree with the Jesus being God idea however: Similarities between Jesus and Pagan Gods.
    He is God made flesh, the savior and "Son of God"
    His father is God and his mother is a mortal virgin
    He is born in a cave or humble cowshed on December 25th before three shepards
    He offers his followers the chance to be born again throught the rites of baptism
    He miraculously turns water into wine at a marriage ceremony
    He rides triumphantly into town on a donkey while people wave palm leaves to honor him
    He dies at Eastertime as a sacrifice for the sins of the world
    After his death he decends to hell, then on the third day he rises from the dead and ascends to heaven in glory
    His followeres await his return as the judge during the Last Days
    His death and resurrection are celebreated by a ritual meal of bread and wine, which symbolizes his body and blood

So who does this sound like? To the surprise of many, it's not Jesus. I was accutally describing Pagan godmen from Egypt (Osiris), Greece (Dionysus), Asia Minor (Attis), Syria (Adonis), Italy (Bacchus), and Persia (Mithras). All of which are basically the same.

The reason most people don't know this is because the early Roman Church did everything in their power to prevent us from perceiving them. They destroyed Pagan literature so completely that today Paganism is regarded as a "dead" religion.

It was obvious to the writers of the first few centuries of A.D. though. Pagan critics of Chrisianity such as the satirist Celsus, complained that this recent religion was nothing more than a pale reflection of their own ancient teachings.

Early church fathers though, like Just Martyr, Tertullion, and Irenaeus, resorted to the desperate claim that these similarities were the result of a diabolical mimicry. They accused the Devil of "plagiarism by anticipation," of devioulsy copying the true story of Jesus before it had actually happened in an attempt to mislead the gullible.

Just as one last thing, the virgin birth is often regarded as an extraneous later addition that should not be understood literally. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There is alot of information about what the beliefs of Jesus's contemporaries were, and once you research this, the Jesus they paint in the bible seems fabricated, by the church. There is also information that I've talked about before here pertaining to the interesting parralels between Jesus's ministry and Titus's campaign as written in Josephus's "War of the Jews", I am still reading the book "Ceasars Messiah, the Roman Consiracy to Invent Jesus" by Joseph Atwill, he shows that: 1. Christianity did not originate among the lower classes in Judea. It was a creation of a Roman imperial family, the Flavians. 2. The Gospels were not written by the followers of a Jewish Messiah but by the intellectual circle surrounding the three Flavian emperors: Vespasian and his two sons, Titus and Domitian. 3. The Gospels were written following the 66-73 C.E. war between the Romans and the Jews, and many of the events of Jesus' ministry are satirical depictions of events from that war. 4. The purpose of Christianity was supersession. It was designed to replace the nationalistic and militaristic messianic movement in Judea with a religion that was pacifistic and would accept Roman rule. The authors of the Gospels and War of the Jews creat a series of typologically related events that occur in the same sequence, the author believes they intended for this to be eventually found out, it would show that the Titus got everyone to worship him as a god unknowingly, something he was never able to achieve even with torture as stated in War of the Jews: JESUS' MINISTRY TITUS' CAMPAIGN Start of ministry in Galilee: Jesus Start of campaign in Galilee: Titus begins ministry at Gennesareth and has his "onset" at Gennesareth says "Follow me" and be "fishers of where his soldiers follow him and men" "fish" for men At Gadara, encounters legion of At Gadara encounters "Legion" demons inside one man possessed with wicket spirit coming from one man "Swine" run wildly and 2,000 At Gadara, 2,000 of the "demons" drown do not drown At Jerusalem, the "Son of Mary" At Jerusalem,the son's flesh is offers his flesh to be eaten eaten by Mary Jesus envisions "signs" occurring Josephus records "signs" that before the temple's destruction occurred before the temple's destruction An escape by a naked individual at An escape by a "naked" individual Jerusalem's northeast corner at Jerusalem's northeast corner Messiah captured on the Mount of Messiah(an Eleazar) captured on the Mount Olives of Olives Simon's denials Simon's denials Three are crucified; one survives Three are crucified, one survives Joseph "Arimathea" takes survivor Joseph bar Matthias takes survivor down from the cross down from cross Simon is the rock upon which the Simon is the "rock" upon which new church is to be built the new "Church" will be built Jesus sends Simon to a martyr's Titus sends Simon to martyr's death death at Rome but spares John at at Rome but spares John at conclusion conclusion of ministry of campaign Judas falsely accuses Jesus, and Catallus falsely accuses against spills his guts (in the book of Acts) Josephus,Bernice and Alexander, and spills his guts (the Author believes these were the actual Authors of the Gospels) I am not saying that this conspiracy theory is actually what happened, but to me it appears very suspect, just too many coincidences to be random. But read the book for yourselves if you want, and reach your own conclusions, I just found it very eye opening. IC

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

nic

One things for sure - it wasn't some invisible 'guy in the sky'.

Back to my question, "How" do you know?

D DOG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit