Jesus was a liar.

by nicolaou 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon

By that logic, no prophet can ever be false ... everything they predict just "hasn't happened yet".

So, being a biblical prophet is easy ... especially the useless crappy kind where they have no date or timescale.

Lots of prophecies in the bible too where Jehovah 'conveniently' changed his mind. Yes, believers will believe prophecies are true whether they happen or not.

• tec
    tec

No, that is not true. WTS predicted and set times... and those things did not happen. That shows them as false prophets.

Christ did not say WHEN the tribulation would occur, but He did say that it would be cut short and that He would return then, and He shared many things that would happen before that as well. Like from Matt 24:29-31.

They have not all happened yet.

He said he would not leave his apostles as orphans; that He would come to them and he did.

He said that He had to die, but would rise to life, and He did.

He said that the temple would be torn down, and it was.

He said many false prophets would come in His name, and they have.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

He said very clearly that his parousia would be within the lifetime of his 1st century disciples. Any attempts to deny this fact is pure Watchtower-style trickery.

Jesus either lied or he was deluded.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Read Reza Aslan's new book Zealot. Christ very clearly said the prophecies would come in their lifetime. And you know he didn't believe in this overlapping generation crap.

• tec
    tec

He said very clearly that his parousia would be within the lifetime of his 1st century disciples.

What verse are you speaking of please?

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

What verse are you speaking of please?

Do you really need to ask about Jesus' repeated prognosticating about his imminent return? Have you actually read the gospels?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Mark 13:21-30 and Mark 9:1

those are a start.

• tec
    tec

Mark 9:1 is true. Some will not taste death... because they have crossed over from death to life; having life in them (holy spirit, which Christ breathed onto them at the pentecost).

The other verses in Mark that you quoted, I used myself, to show that those things had not yet happened (the four winds has also not yet happened)... then you know that it is near... right at the door.

And yes, Cofty, I have... but obviously you and i do not SEE the same, so I need to know what you are seeing to be able to discuss it.

Peace,

tammy

• Comatose
    Comatose

so you believe as the WT that there was more than one fulfillment of certain verses and other fulfillments still to come. So... Again I can't argue this with you because you have special beliefs. Sigh.

• tec
    tec

I didn't list anything above regarding two fulfillments.

(But there does tend to be a physical and then a spiritual... since the physical is a representation of spiritual things. But I didn't say anything about something like that above)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit