Jesus was a liar.

by nicolaou 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

It's easy to write a "prophecy" AFTER the event happened, and put words into Jesus' mouth to make him act like his prophecy came true.

Yes, but to say that this is what happened completely contradicts the 'false prophecy' that you are trying to perpetuate. You cannot have it both ways.

What is also true is that the Pharisees and such were convinced by what is written... that Christ could not have been the Messiah... dependant upon their interpretation of what was written (the messiah cannot come from galilee), and based on their own reasoning, they were unable to see or hear the Messiah and Truth standing right in front of them.

Peace,

tammy

• adamah
    adamah

TEC said-

Yes, but to say that this is what happened completely contradicts the 'false prophecy' that you are trying to perpetuate. You cannot have it both ways.

For crying out loud, TEC: can you really be that dense to think I am referring to a "forced to be true" prophecy, having been written AFTER the event? Pol-leeze.....

As far as I'm concerned, that's an admission of defeat, as it's such a flagrant attempt at your favorite attempt of "moving the goalpost" and "straw-manning" that you might as well just say, "I've got nuttin' more but flak....." because you really DO have nothing: you ran out of the ammunition of facts even before this thread started over 8 years ago, even if you didn't realize it.

As far as the rest of your apolegtics, thanks, but I'm very familiar with the Christian narrative, and I see we've only managed to trigger your 'parrot' defense mode (AKA the cult persona which believers resort to, when cornered with evidence and they've got nothing else to come back with).

Adam

• tec
    tec

Do you truly think I am referring only to you, Adamah?

In your own 'words' :

But you may of course think anything you like to think.

Peace,

tammy

• Comatose
    Comatose

Misquoting Jesus by Ehrman was incredible. The things I learned... Helped to set me free from WT. I owe him big time. After that I read several others by him. Brilliant book that Misquoting Jesus.

If you read the Zealot book with an open mind you'd understand what Cofty and Adam are saying. Jesus was one of about a hundred apocalyptic messiahs roaming about at that time. He "prophesied" that crazy stuff you say hasn't happened yet thinking IT WOULD HAPPEN then in his life.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Jebus! This thing got going again!

Tammy: "What is also interesting is the extreme care you took, Nic, in not wanting to offend anyone or break any rules... and this post is respectful... whereas the posts today, the insults for believing (and some for not believing), go way beyond today what you were worried about 7 years ago."

Since I created this topic an additional eight years have passed. Eight more years years for dishonest, reality denying, nutjobs to get under my skin. That's not a swipe at ALL religious folks, just the ones who deliberately manipulate debates, refuse to answer important questions and never, EVER admit defeat on a single point when the proof is as obvious as the screen you're looking at right now.

I'll be civil, but I'm not the man I was eight years ago Tammy and I'm no longer concerned about offending grown men and women who's sensitivity is only exposed through a lack of education.

Your ignorance is not my problem.

• tec
    tec

I didn't mean your posts today, in particular, Nic... just the general tone of posts now (from anyone) compared to this post and tone of yours however many years ago.

I don't think we get many posts like this now.

It was not a jab at you.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

I think that if theists concerned themsleves more with content and evidence and less with tone we would have far more interesting discussions.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Tone is everything. There is no content, only tone, one might go so far as to say.

• tec
    tec

Some theists don't concern themselves with tone at all, though tone is often noticed... (same with personal insults)... but not always responded to. Same with some atheists.

This was just an observation that I found interesting.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

There is no content

Speak for yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit