Jesus was a liar.

by nicolaou 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don't look at me in that tone of voice.

• adamah
    adamah

SBF said-

Tone is everything. There is no content, only tone, one might go so far as to say.

Say what? Is the "there are no facts" guy now proposing the existence of 'tone'? Wouldn't that constitute a knowledge claim, AKA a "fact"?

Allow me to relish the delicious irony of SBF claiming that tone (which is by definition, variable and highly-subjective) exists, but that information which can be verified and agreed upon as the consensus opinion (as true/fact) doesn't exist!

Adam

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don't you believe in the viscosity of language? Do you practise linguistic terrorism? Have you got an incredulity regarding narratives? Can you find anything outside of the text? A man wears many masks. I may look like an idiot, and sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you, I really am an idiot.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There was a great sketch by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore of this guy (Peter) reeling off lots of "facts", he was so Nerdy and boring that Dud finally explodes and gives a diatribe describing Pete's faults, to which Pete replies:

"Is that a fact?".

The comedy really comes from the realisation that Pete knew how annoying he was.

I think SBF is exactly the same, and he makes me laugh, especially when we rise to his bait.

And that's a fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit