Jan 1st WT: Reaching out, Higher Education and Providing for one's needs

by truthseeker 70 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What disturbs me is the linking these things as as correlatives. Higher education and good jobs are being treated as indicative of a lack of spiritualilty. Thinking persons know that is not true. Yet, they are clearly trying to solve an undelying issue - that of losing elders and servants due to the harsh nature of the organizations policies most likely.

Makes me ill.

Jeff

• Undecided
    Undecided

I reached out untill I became the PO and got feed up with it all, I didn't step down, I stepped out.

Ken P.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    If indeed the Zionist's are behind this, the lack of mentioning Jesus Christ in the publications all the while hiding behind the "we are true christians" crap, would all make sense.

Frankly, I don't know enough about Zionists to comment on this aspect.....but I do know that the WTS has no interest in promoting the teachings of Christ---his message or his thoughts on how to treat others.

The "change" to now "identify" themselves as Christians, is laughable at best. The only way that Jesus is "good" for them is that he preached---so they preach---and after that there is no resemblance in their thoughts or actions. The WTS is a shameful fraud. Wolves in sheep's clothing doesn't even come close.

Suggesting (or...ordering with a soft smile and the huge bag of penalties for not being obedient to them) that members should not pursue any higher education than the TMS, borders on lunacy. The WTS has been pushing this noble crap for decades.....and the system still drones on and on...with uneducated and frustrated JWs taking the brunt of their leaders "counsel" in wasting their lives to spend time trying to make converts.

They are discovering that they don't get a gold watch or a dinner when they retire from cleaning offices at night.....they don't get that gold watch or a dinner from the WTS, either. They just get pep talks to "do more" until they are too old and sickly to go door-to-door. THEN they get kicked to the curb and forgotten.

But.....the WTS gets their free labor and still dangles that carrot of the New Order" being.........just around the corner.....

• HoChiMin
  • HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

For the first time many are seeing the "carrot" as rotten, it's always been rotten.

HCM

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Be content with "just enough to get by" is what they want JWs to do

Yeah..........have you ever seen the Patterson complex? Did they build this with the "just get by" admonition in mind?

Hardly.

• blondie
    blondie
    For the first time many are seeing the "carrot" as rotten, it's always been rotten.

• gumby
    gumby
    Definitely, they are taking a harsher stand, having completely painted themselves into a corner.

Which means a turning point in the making. Praise da lowd.

Gumby

• TopHat
    TopHat

12 If a person becomes attached to his possessions as that wealthy young man did, they could become a barrier to his serving Jehovah wholeheartedly. That could be true of one who is already wealthy and on one who is determined to be rich. Trusting too much in material things can lead a person to be less conscious of his spiritual need.

AND aren't the WTS and GB attached to their wealthy possessions. YES the GB are definitely LESS CONSCIOUS of their spiritual need.

• Finally-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit