Anybody here who still has faith in God and belief in the Bible?

by Sheepish 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I think there are moral absolutes, or laws if you wish, just as there are physical ones.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> I think there are moral absolutes, or laws if you wish, just as there are physical ones.

"No generalization is true, including this one." :-)

Dave

• TopHat
    TopHat
    I would say that most of those who understand the Bible and have gained insights that go far beyond JW teachings are a little skittish of stating their insights on a forum like this. There is a simple reason for this, but I would rather discuss it with you by PM.

Well met!

AuldSoul

I agree with you...

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Mention has been made of persons "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" when they broke with the JWs.

For many of us, after we discarded the dirty, WTS polluted water; we then found out that their was no baby there in the first place!

Further to that, the inference that if you do not believe in God / the bible then you are automatically unpricipled is incorrect:

- Ethics/ Morals are a totally separate issue to religion.

Jack

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Sheep....what would you consider "moral absolutes"?

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Just off the top of my head I would venture, it's absolutely wrong to have sex with or abuse a child. What this convo leads to is, the concept of right and wrong that we have as humans, and who gets to decide which is which. Then that leads to whether you believe in God and whether He has the right to determine, or if you don't, and make those choices for yourself, or accept whatever society you live in to determine them. I think you know what I believe, what do you think?(Not what do you think about what I think, just what do you think?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit