Anybody here who still has faith in God and belief in the Bible?

by Sheepish 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

There seems to be a lot of folks here who are bitter and want nothing to do with organized religion (understandable!) or the belief in a God who cares about us, and has a "plan".Or even anyone who has actually read and studied the Bible, and understands what's going on it it. So many just take stuff out of context looking for "mistakes" and loopholes. A lot of posts seem to just want to strip everyone else of hope and faith of any kind but the sardonic self agrandizing kind. Do they (the JWs) get to win? No understanding exists beyond them? The Bible did exist before the JWs!

Just wondering... anyone here find biblical understanding outside the Jws?(Those of you who didn't, don't need to respond on this thread. I get what you're saying, I really do.)

• Ianone
    Ianone

seems the baby often gets thrown out with the bath water.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

Just wondering... anyone here find biblical understanding outside the Jws?

i did. so much so, that it had no meaning when i was done with it. all post JW. how do you like them apples?

TS

• onacruse
    onacruse

I believe in a Prime Cause.

I also believe that the Bible incorporates some very pertinent historical perspectives about, and perhaps even spiritual insights into, the nature of human existence.

However, when you use terms like "biblical understanding," I feel compelled to challenge you as to what basis you use to define "biblical." What criteria do you use to define a biblical understanding?

Respectfully,

Craig

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

When one has believed so long & so strong & trusted those whom we felt knew more than we did because of their 'inside track', & found it to be a 'bag full of holes', it is very easy to 'throw out the baby with the bathwater.

B

• Satanus
    Satanus
    anyone here find biblical understanding outside the Jws?

Yes, i did. First, it was easy to see that the wt wasn't following it. Second, i came to understand that what the bible presented as prehuman history was ridiculous, w no support. After the wt, i came to understand the bible better than i ever.

S

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Sometimes I think I do. Sometimes I think I don't. I am so confused. Its my least favourite subject right now.

I want to believe I really do. But I think I am going through some stage right now.

I read in another thread today that it has to come naturally. So I am not going to force any way of thinking/belief on my self. I'll just let my subconcious work it out for me at the moment...

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Peachy,

I want to believe I really do. But I think I am going through some stage right now.

I read in another thread today that it has to come naturally. So I am not going to force any way of thinking/belief on my self. I'll just let my subconcious work it out for me at the moment...

I have come to the same conclusion. It is sooo hard to get past this 'there has to be ONE true organization' concept.

B

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I still have faith in God and still believe in the Bible. I have several Bibles, so I think I would be fairly remiss not to believe in them. I also read them and I believe many of the things they say.

Do they (the JWs) get to win? No understanding exists beyond them?

I would say that most of those who understand the Bible and have gained insights that go far beyond JW teachings are a little skittish of stating their insights on a forum like this. There is a simple reason for this, but I would rather discuss it with you by PM.

Well met!

AuldSoul

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am not sure where I 'come down' doctrinally on some things yet. I do believe the Bible and read it daily.

One thing I know for sure is that the WTS is dead wrong about the way they depict God and most other things.

So in answer to your query; Yes and Yes. I am not about to let a book publishing company defalte my relationship with God.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit