FEELING VERY DEPRESSED, EMPTY. LIFE IS CONFUSING...

by stillAwitness 87 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Meetings are dragging me down. It sucks because I still live at home and have no choice but it has gotten to the point where I have left early at times just because I cannot stand to hear all the B.S from the platform.

How do I just keep doing what I have to do till I know I can leave? Its really starting to wear on me.

Plus, I just found out an old classmate of mine died last year in a motorcylce accident. I mean I knew the girl but its not like we hung out on weekends or anything. Its just its really starting to hit me that I am getting old. Life is moving and if I don't keep up I'm just gonna get left behind.People keep saying its ok to not have all the ansewrs now but I can't deal with it. I am scared out of my mind of the future. And death- my goodness; I can't even grasp death. I don't want to think about it, don't wanna hear about. It scares me out of my mind.

Religion has always been there to give me all the satisfying ansewrs. But now that I know it can't be trusted whose gonna ansewr my questions? I don't know what's real anymore. I am constantly screaming out to God but I dunno.. is he even listening?

• upside/down
    upside/down

I am getting old.

I think you may need to get some perspective.

Hang in there...

u/d(of the we all go through this class)

• defd
    defd

stilla I am sorry to hear that. Be assured of one thing though, Jehovahs does hear prayers. If you cry out to Him, He is able to hear.

D.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    stilla I am sorry to hear that. Be assured of one thing though, Jehovahs does hear prayers. If you cry out to Him, He is able to hear

THAT'S What depresses people, me included...His apologists say He "hears"...but in the rudest of fashions He never replies.

If we treated each other like that...we'd be considered total hypocrites.

I know your "assurance" is sincere...but it is without foundation and completely unproveable.

The moment I started using my "god" given brain to LIVE my life and make decisions...and stopped looking for "answers" from a deaf/mute "god" or worse...a man-made religion...my life has improved daily.

Follow YOUR heart...not what the WTS says...

Start LIVING for YOU!

You get one life...make it a good one!

u/d

• daystar
    daystar

You are used to being given answers from outside of yourself. Rather, look within. That is first, something hard to learn how to do. However, the results are worth it.

The unexamined life is not worth living for man.
    Socrates, in Plato, Dialogues, Apology

21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

Luke 17:21 (New International Version)

• xjwms
    xjwms

Prayer is SELF HYPNOSIS.

You need a schedule that conflicts with meetings.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I understand that... living my life and all but i mean is this all there is? I mean I go to school, find a job, married kids and then die? Is it heaven? Hell? Some Paradise? Maybe I'll be reincarnated? I dunno. I mean, I don't know.

I'm just so petrified of death. It honestly keeps me awake at night. Is there something wrong with me? Could it be a real phobia or something?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Way ahead of you xjwms- I try to avoid meetings as much as possible with using school as an excuse of course there is only so far I can go without the eldeers trying to scheduel an elders' meeting so I am cautious of that.

• upside/down
    upside/down

In true Dub fashion...you're overly concerned about the "future" and answers to questions...that for one DON'T MATTER...and two, don't have an answer.

All designed to keep you from living in the PRESENT and have a LIFE now...think about it.

Didn't JC say not to be anxious about these things?

Live for the day...it's all there is...the past is gone..the future isn't yet...do you get my point?

u/d

• Jordan
    Jordan

Most people are scared of dying, that's why the bible is such an enticing thing to believe, I mean personally, I don't know what to believe either, but I'll admit I'm lucky in being allowed to live my life the way I want to, while living at home.

Is there any possibility of you moving out of the parental home in the near future? Such as moving in to dorms or something?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit