KATE MOSS OR KATE WINSLET?

by Mary 73 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

I sense a bit of animousity towards girls who are on the thin side. I really have never understood it.

I wouldn't want a gal starving herself to try to fit into some glamorized picture of what women are supposed to look like. It's weak and stupid. But at the same time, I just don't get the spite some people bear towards these skinny girls.

Some people, believe it or not, are naturally skinny. Hell, I didn't weigh over 145 lbs until I was in my mid-twenties.

If anything, the spite should be aimed at a media and a society that hones this ideal woman as being so unnaturally thin rather than the girls who may fall victim to it.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Daystar, I agree w/you.

Some people, believe it or not, are naturally skinny.

If anything, the spite should be aimed at a media and a society that hones this ideal woman as being so unnaturally thin rather than the girls who may fall victim to it.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Kate Hudson

alt

• daystar
    daystar
    does anyone remember jenifer conelly ; (sp..sorry getting excited here) in a movie where she gets locked in a store overnight...at one point she is bouncing on something

Jennifer Connelly was in a John Hughes film, Career Opportunities, with Frank Whaley and Dermot Mulroney. In one scene, she sits on a gently moving horse ride as we all droooolll...

• Mary
    Mary
    the spite should be aimed at a media and a society that hones this ideal woman as being so unnaturally thin rather than the girls who may fall victim to it.

I think they're both to blame. If women who are models all just said "screw you, I'm not losing another 10 lbs.", then the fashion industry would have no choice but to use women who were at least a Size 7 instead of someone who's a Size 0. You know who really irriates me is Giada De Laurentiis from the cooking show Every Day Italian (picture below). Every day she makes the most fattening dishes laddled with whipping cream, butter, cheeses, white pastas, beef cooked in oil, etc. yet she's absolute skin and bones. Like the rest of society, it's sending crossed messages: 'Eat all this fattening food and be as skinny as a rake!' There's no way anyone could eat the meals she cooks and be skinny. She probably heads straight for the bathroom soon as the cameras stop rolling.

• betty boop
    betty boop

I like Kate Winslet as well as:

Beyonce Knowles

I like curvy women cuz they represent me! I am very curvy. My BF loves it too lol

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Ooooh! And Liv! Don't forget beautiful Liv!

alt

• Jordan
    Jordan

Yeah, Liv Tyler, oh, I might go and watch Lord of the Rings now, I still don't think there's anywhere near enough Liv in those films...

• daystar
    daystar
    You know who really irriates me is Giada De Laurentiis from the cooking show Every Day Italian (picture below). Every day she makes the most fattening dishes laddled with whipping cream, butter, cheeses, white pastas, beef cooked in oil, etc. yet she's absolute skin and bones. Like the rest of society, it's sending crossed messages: 'Eat all this fattening food and be as skinny as a rake!' There's no way anyone could eat the meals she cooks and be skinny. She probably heads straight for the bathroom soon as the cameras stop rolling.

Well, now, that is just not fair Mary. One can be that skinny and eat rather fattening foods. I am proof-positive of this. It's called high metabolism, or perhaps maintaining a regular exercise program as well.

Hell, I wanted to gain weight and had a very hard time doing so. I'm 32 years old, 6'1" and only now am I able to keep it steady at around 155lbs. And I eat like a freaking horse.

What is important is for a person to feel good in their own skin. If they don't, either modify the attitude, or else do something about it as best they can.

• Mary
    Mary
    Well, now, that is just not fair Mary. One can be that skinny and eat rather fattening foods. I am proof-positive of this. It's called high metabolism, or perhaps maintaining a regular exercise program as well.

Daystar, I know there are a few people who can eat alot and not put on a pound. I used to work with a girl who wanted to put on weight.....she actually had an overactive thyroid. However, I guarantee you that 99.9% of the skinny women you see on TV are either on drugs, or they have eating disorders. This woman's head is too big for her body, a good indication that she's starving herself.

Hell, I wanted to gain weight and had a very hard time doing so. I'm 32 years old, 6'1" and only now am I able to keep it steady at around 155lbs. And I eat like a freaking horse.

Well my friend, you are in the minority and you're lucky. I'm not bashing people who are naturally skinny----I simply wanted to get a take on who men find more appealing. A toothpick like Kate Moss, a cocaine user, or Kate Winslet. Looks to me like men prefer some curves on a woman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit