Has the exodus begun now?

by toby888 49 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There will be no mass exodus.

Your question "Has the exodus begun now?" has a funny ring about. Apostates alternatively seem surprised and bemused that the advent of the Internet has not brought about the dramatic decline of the Witnesses that they "reasonably" expect it will.

The truth is that apostates wait for the promised "exodus" in much the same way that faithful Witnesses await the promised end of the system: there is no evidence that it is here yet, but they have unswerving conviction that the day will come.

The Internet has spelt the end of effective apostasy, and is indeed a blessing for the Society who have otherwise cause for difficulty in these last days.

See my thread on this issue.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Do they the WTS report all who have been DF or DA? I remember reading in a Watchtower about the number that are DF each year. Forgot the number.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    will the WTS fudge the statistics to hide the steep decline from the R+F?

That was going to be my question!

Ian

• ackack
    ackack

Incidently, when are the 2005 stats coming out? In Feb 1st now?

ackack

• blondie
    blondie

Does leaving mean just bodily or have people left in mind, spirit, and wallet?

Blondie

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Who knows...perhaps they already are. Maybe the numbers are way more drastic and they fill the corners a bit...just like we did when we filled up our monthly reports...lol

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Does leaving mean just bodily or have people left in mind, spirit, and wallet?

Blondie

That is me for now, how many others just like me? Not giving money is the greatest satisfaction I get, especially when I hear that they have some kind of short fall. But, it is too bad that generally that means some poor soul who probably can't afford to do so, chips in and makes up the difference. OC
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Apostates alternatively seem surprised and bemused

Slim, from way, way back, you've always assumed that there was some group out there called "apostates". There is no such group.

What the Watchtower calls "apostates" are simply people that were involved in their little cult that have since come to their senses and become normal people again. There is only one homogenous, united, mind-linked group -- the followers of the Watchtower.

The rest of us are individuals.

Dave

• EliJah
    EliJah

1 Now all the earth continued to be of one language and of one set of words. 2 And it came about that in their journeying eastward they eventually discovered a valley plain in the land of Shi´nar, and they took up dwelling there. 3 And they began to say, each one to the other: “Come on! Let us make bricks and bake them with a burning process.” So brick served as stone for them, but bitumen served as mortar for them. 4 They now said: “Come on! Let us build ourselves a city and also a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a celebrated name for ourselves, for fear we may be scattered over all the surface of the earth.”

5 And Jehovah proceeded to go down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men had built. 6 After that Jehovah said: “Look! They are one people and there is one language for them all, and this is what they start to do. Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them. 7 Come now! Let us go down and there confuse their language that they may not listen to one another’s language.” 8 Accordingly Jehovah scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. 9 That is why its name was called Ba´bel, because there Jehovah had confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah had scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth.

1 After these things I saw another angel descending from heaven, with great authority; and the earth was lighted up from his glory. 2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a lurking place of every unclean exhalation and a lurking place of every unclean and hated bird! 3 For because of the wine of the anger of her fornication all the nations have fallen [victim], and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the traveling merchants of the earth became rich due to the power of her shameless luxury.”

4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. 6 Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.

9 “And the kings of the earth who committed fornication with her and lived in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her, when they look at the smoke from the burning of her, 10 while they stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgment has arrived!’

The Great Exodus will Begin when the "Constant Feature" will be removed by Jesus Christ. All people upon the planet earth will be moved out of the many Cities constructed in opposition to the Law of The Almighty GOD JAH, Amen. This will take place immediately upon the arrival of Jesus Christ and will take One Year to accomplish. "A Day for a Year, A Day for a Year"

The Faithful Slave of JAH and JESUS

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    The Great Exodus will Begin when the "Constant Feature" will be removed by Jesus Christ

Is it that damn "read the bible daily" sign on the Watchtower building?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit