Do You Still *Look* Like A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No, I don't think so. I rarely wear dresses and pantyhose. I don't have that squeaky clean, mesmerized look anymore. Thank goodness I don't. I also don't have that forced, submissive "poise" that most sisters have. I don't fawn over every word out of some elder's mouth. I can sit look at any man with a look of skepticism if he is saying something wacko.

• minimus
    minimus

Flyin' your pic says otherwise.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Isn't it funny how some of us still have some JW in us? I am a Supervisor at work, who represents the company to the public, and am friends with another ex-jw lady. I do wear skirts sometimes and I'm always saying, "C, ya gotta tell me if I ever look like I'm dressed for the Witlessing work!" Off duty, I've got a naval ring, 3 earrings per ear and my husband says I dress like a tart, lol! It just seems like I revert to the modest look for work without realizing it; knee length dresses, modest heels, sweater, etc. Ohmigod! What if my large black leather handbag could be mistaken for a Witlessing bag??

• upside/down
    upside/down

Hell no...

u/d

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flyin' your pic says otherwise.

Oh now, don't make me come down there.

• minimus
  • JH
    JH

Yes

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Mini, now that you're out, how do you look?

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I've got a naval ring, 3 earrings per ear and my husband says I dress like a tart, lol

The thing is, depending on which area you are in, many "sisters" appear this way too....

• minimus
    minimus

I look like a red M&M that's always dancin'. I'm a businessman and so I always looked like a Presiding Overseer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit