Do You Still *Look* Like A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I'm a businessman and so I always looked like a Presiding Overseer.

The question is, do you have that look in your eyes? You know, the hypnotised, glazed over squeaky clean, almost Mormon aire about you?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't done anything to change my appearance since I left the cult. I started to grow a goatee once but shaved it off when I saw the amount of grey in it. If I put a suit on I'd probably look like a JW. Well, maybe not... My suits are not polyester.

W

• Jordan
    Jordan

I think I got the "stoned" look going, that's about the same right?

• minimus
    minimus

Flyin', I have a different look all together. Cool, smooth, a little fresh with a sparkle in my eye. Wink Wink..

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flyin', I have a different look all together. Cool, smooth, a little fresh with a sparkle in my eye. Wink Wink..

And some mischief, right?

I have a littel bit of mischief and a lot of sparkle in my eyes. In the pics of me as a JW, I tend to have a doll like stare.

• minimus
    minimus

I only stare at dolls.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Hell I hope not!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Not much I guess. But I left at too old an age to change much I suppose. Old habits die hard though. I have not had a suit on in two years that I recall - that is different. I used to be an executive, so I always wore a suit. Now I never wear one - I doubt many would mistake me for one.

Just wait till I get my "Ask me why I left the cult of Jehovah's witnesses" sweatshirt. Then they will know better.

Jeff

• thom
    thom

I doubt anyone would think I'm a JW as I go back and forth between a goatee and a full beard.
    My grandmother says I'm trying to "make a statement", but I just like having a beard since the hair on my head left a long time ago.

• undercover
    undercover
    When I'm not in those, I wear my Tae Kwon Do dobuk. So I belive no.

I wear my Rex Kwon Do outfit. Nobody even thinks of messing with me then.

Seriously though, no I do not *look* like a JW. I made sure of that. I hated the 'no beard' policy, so now I have a beard, sometimes I trim back to a goatee and then get lazy and let it grow back to a beard.

I buy clothes that appeal to my likes/tastes instead of asking myself if I could wear this without stumbling someone in the congregation. Right now I'm wearing a T-shirt from a motorcycle shop with a big gothic cross on it. I think that would raise a few eyebrows at a congregation picnic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit