what do you think about.................................

by defd 80 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

But why would you want to be part of a people that make you think you must 'research' whether or not you can wear a beard without guilt?

I don't get that. Don't you see how they are controlling you even in forcing you to 'prove' your right to groom as your conscience allows?

Jeff

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That's too much interference into your own personal choices on what to do with your body!

As I've said before, facial hair/beards/gotees, whatever....they look hot on a man!

• defd
    defd

But why would you want to be part of a people that make you think you must 'research' whether or not you can wear a beard without guilt?

I would do research to see what the bible has to say about it. Also what the FDS has to say about it. Not out of guilt. Out of concern whether or not I am doing what is right in Jehovahs eyes.

D.

• vitty
    vitty

Hey, you could show us a picture of yourself with a beard and no one from your hall will recognize you.

• carla
    carla

dfed,

What does having a beard or not show how spiritual you are and why are mere men judging you by such a standard? To outsiders do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? I have heard a number of reasons for not being ALLOWED beards, Originally Rutherford put the ban on because people loved Russell so much and tried to emulate him in many ways and Rutherford basically wanted Russell forgotten and all adulation to go to him, secondly I heard that in the 60's only hippies and weirdos wore beards and of course you wouldn't want to be mistaken for one of those! Then I heard that the elders should have such control because they are in charge of your spirituality, again what does facial hair have to do with spirituality? So if the elders decided you should all dye your hair a certain color would you go along with that? Did Jesus ever put such demands on people?

• vitty
    vitty

You will still be researching WT stuff and their opinion !!!!!!

I knew someone who was a servant and he had a beard, but they were always trying to get rid of him, he was a bit of a rebel , they did finally.

He had years of conflict with the Elders and even the Cos used to get involved but he thought he had won, thing is no one did, its so stupid.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I always thought the beard issue was so stupid. What about the poor guys (mostly black like my husband) who are prone to ingrown facial hairs. Being clean shaved is a horror. I've seen it and it's not pretty. Picture a nice looking black guy with bumps (and they are painful by the way) on his face just because he has to keep all that nasty hair off his face. Stupid just plain stupid.

Because of their hair texture, many Black men are affected by razor bumps, or ingrown facial hair. To help avoid the problem, the skin should be softened with plenty of soap and water or shaving cream before shaving, Also note that the razor blade should move in only one direction.

Chicago dermatologist Dr. Rene Martin Earles, who treats numerous patients with complications from razor bumps says over the years he has found that depilatories work best for those who have severe problems. He points out that depilatories are creams. solutions and powders that are mixed with water and used to remove facial hair. "They break the bonds of the hair at the surface level of the skin." he explains. "When hair is broken that way. there is much less of a tendency for it to curl back into the skin.

However. for Black men whose skin is irritated by depilatories. Dr. Earles recommends using an electric shaver with a single edge. He advises against using 11 double-edge shaver because it cuts the hair off below the surface, allowing it to curl into the skin and form bumps.

Skin irritations resulting from razor bumps can lead to infections. scarring and keloid formation. To treat the problem. Dr. Earles recommends that the male patient first stop shaving. Then the facial hairs are manually removed and the skin is treated with antibiotics. Once the skin heals. another method of shaving or hair removal is recommended. Many Black men with severe razor bumps opt to wear a beard.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1077/is_n7_v49/ai_15198533 Josie

• defd
    defd

What does having a beard or not show how spiritual you are and why are mere men judging you by such a standard?

Carla it would show a whole lot. IF and I say IF God said we should where beards in a certain part of the country because of local traditions and you do it ANYWAY, that would show that we are not willing to be faithful in LITTLE things. Jesus did say he that is unfaithful in LITTLE things is also unfaithful in what is much.

D.

• carla
    carla

Do you really think God cares if you have a beard or not? I thought He judged our hearts. If He is so against beards why did He make it possible for men to grow them?

• vitty
    vitty

Defd, Im sure Jesus wasnt meaning wearing beards when he talked about being faithful in little things, now come on, be honest with yourself !!!! This is just a way for the "local" elders to control YOU.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit