what do you think about.................................

by defd 80 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Derrick, I will pay you 100 bucks if you walk into your hall dressed up like your AVATAR !!!

LMAO!!!!

• daystar
    daystar

This brings up another question for me. Why so much focus on image and perception of the rest of the world when also claiming to strive to be no part of the world? Why care so much? It seems very shallow to me.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Why so much focus on image and perception of the rest of the world when also claiming to strive to be no part of the world?

BINGO. Yet another WT contradiction

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I don't like beards on men. I don't even like mustaches, long sideburns, or long hair on men either.

But that's just my personal preference.

DY

• JH
    JH
    Beards

I just cut mine defd, 5 minutes ago

• Honesty
    Honesty

Defd, your JW cult leaders should pay more attention to the scriptures instead of trying to control people:

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence! Matt 23:25

Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup,so the outside of it may also become clean. Matt 23:26

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity. Matt 23:27

In the same way, on the outside you seem righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. Matt 23:28

But the Lord said to him: “Now you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and evil. Luke 11:39

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

DEF'D YOU ARE STILL FOR THE WT?? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Probably explains why I was no longer on the microphone handling schedule after I set my razor aside as a teen ...

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    What do you think about beards.... ... ... what is your thoughts?

I think deciding to sport a beard on your face is up to the individual. My boy likes to go clean shaven and I love his clean shaven handsome face... But if he told me that the hassle of shaving regularly was getting to him or he suffered from ingrown hairs then I would leave him to make his decision. It's his face.

If you have a beard that is groomed neatly then I don't think it is scruffy or portraying an undesired image.

On a congregational/JW level - I don't believe there is any scriptual basis for not having a beard. If you maintain it neatly then I would say go for it.

• shera
    shera

(sorry if this was already mentioned)

Why would God give men facial hair if he didn't approve of it? Just foolishness too me. Back in 1000 yrs or whatever ....did men shave everyday?Probably not. Man-O-Man.people make god an arsehole, who can't make up his mind.hehehhehe

If God was merciful and all forgiving,would he really care if you had facial hair? Nope,in my opinion,he made yah like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit