what do you think about.................................

by defd 80 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

beards! In my Congregation it is frowned apon. A male can have one but he wouldnt get any privilidges and would probably be labeled the black sheep. Then again in some countries brothers are allowed. I mean if little old ladies who have chin hair can wear it, why can we? what is your thoughts?

D.

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Damn straight Defd. I'm all for female pattern baldness and facial hair.

Seriously though Jesus tm more than likely had one. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

mustaches were ok after some brothers made their stance in the eighties. i was the first in my congregation to grow a goatie when i was just like 16 years old. the elders always told me i should shave, because "the girls prefer it". however some girls told me exactly the opposite so i didn't care...

later i grew a full beard and after many debates with the elders, other brothers in my cong also grew beards. now it's completely ok to give talks with a beard or unshaved.

in the german speaking area there are almost more young guys with beards now than without. only very strict congregations frown upon that. and the stupid rules for conventions still exist.

• gumby
    gumby
    In my Congregation it is frowned apon

Apon is spelled.....upon

Beard are frowned upon in every single congregation in the U.S.....not just yours. That fact alone should convince you your in a cult.

Gumby

• vitty
    vitty

This is a personel choice that I think the WT have no legitamacy (spelling?) of putting their thoughts on.

There is absolutley no biblical reason not to have one, its just "they" dont like them.

Personelly I dont like big bushy ones but a clean trimmed one is nice

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

Seriously though Jesustm more than likely had one. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander

i used to think the exact same thing!!!! Im like WTF, never seen the son of God, clean shaven in any pics, soon as he left his carpenters apprenticeship he was sporting a flavour-saver, and in EVERY picture, our beloved saviour wears a BEARD!!!

Just goes to show, probably some bearded lothario boned a member of the GB's wife, so it got personal. Thats how all Dub dictates are arrived at.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It is another Watchtower Control Tactic - WCT.

Another one of those 'conscience' matters, in which your conscience does not matter, but the elder's conscience. And the elder's do not have a conscience - except as it is loaned to them by Brooklyn.

If the Watchtower told all the elders that they had to grow beards and dye them pink, wear togas, and drive Amish buggies - they would all comply without question. The pink dye, amish buggy and toga industries would boom overnight.

It is called cult mind control.

Jeff

• undercover
    undercover

I think beards are a personal decision with only one's wife/significant other with any say in the decision.

What do you think? Why is it frowned on in the congregation? What biblical principle is applied to show that "Christian" men shouldn't wear beards?

• vitty
    vitty

Defd, dont you just get tired of the interference in your personal choices in life ????

I mean a beard has absoluteley nothing to do with your salvation, but they make it out to be such a big deal that your "priviliges" would be taken away if you dont conform. Its mind numbing isnt it. It reminds me of the sieving out the nat and gulping down the camel scripture. Its pharrisical.

An I wish I could SPELL

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

The prohibition of beards was always one of the things that made me question the GB's reasoning and authority over the congregation. Why should grown men let other men tell them specifically how to groom themselves unless it is connected with a job or position of some sort. That felt cultish because the reasons given weren't scriptural, just speculative and controlling.

sweet tee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit