what do you think about.................................

by defd 80 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

I am going to do research on that. I never have before. But as I have already admitted, since all the problems I have had with the "KNUCKLE HEADS" within my Congregation, I haven't been there in a month. In the mean time I grew a beard. Mind you, it is not a ZZ TOP beard but it is a nicely trimmed. Will I shave it when I start to attend again? Probably. The only reason why I wouldn't want to is to be SPITEFUL. That what not be a good motive or attitude for me to have.

• vitty
    vitty

Defd, its nothing to do with spite !!!!! You feel quite rightly that this is an area that YOU should decide on.

I used to go away on holiday with many members of the congregation and they all grew beards while we were away then all shaved them off on the night of the first meeting, its a joke.

The thing is Defd if you told someone who had never been a JW what youve just said to us they would think you were mad,,,,,,,,,but we understand you

• defd
    defd

vitty dont worry about spelling with me. I am not a stickler on that like some are in here.( someone got on me for that on this thread) Maybe I should start using spell check.

D.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

All I can say DEFD, is don't let them see it. They will not forget easily how 'spiritually weak' you became - to the point of growing the fobidden facial hair. And if you want privilages, they will long withhold them from anyone who became that noticably weak.

If you truly wish to continue in the organization, get used to control, control, control. It is the same throughout - your knuckle heads are just a sample of the worldwide knuckle heads that are called elders. Some are sincere and good men - I have know many. I love them to this day. But all are automatons under the control of a dictitorial Bible thumping regime in Brooklyn. {Notice I said Bible thumping - not Bible applying}

Jeff

• undercover
    undercover
    Will I shave it when I start to attend again? Probably. The only reason why I wouldn't want to is to be SPITEFUL. That what not be a good motive or attitude for me to have.

Why would wearing a beard be spiteful? How does it portray a bad attitude?

If it's neatly trimmed and you like it and it looks good on you, what sin is it to wear the beard? Why is is such an issue to the elders or the Society? Why is this personal decision taken away from you?

There is absolutely no principle or command given in the Bible about not wearing a beard, unless you're a Levite. Paul(I think it was) counseled on neat grooming, but no direct rules were given.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

It's all about the image that the watchtower sales organization is trying to create. Many companies have dress codes that will ensure that their sales people are representing the company in a professional manner. Dress is just one aspect of that. For example, Disney doesn't allow facial hair for men or large jewelry for women among other rules.

It's not scriptural.... Men wore facial hair in Biblical times.

Coffee

• defd
    defd

I have to take a short break now be back in about 20 mins.

• oldflame
    oldflame

skinnyboy,

Oh the pictures, they show Jesus with a beard ? Yes they do but they also show him with long hair. In those days there were only one group of people that had long hair and it were not the Jews. I do not remember who they were but it is written in the scriptures. So using those pictures is not a good stand to use as evidence.

• vitty
    vitty

Why should anyone be judged on their spirtuality by their outward appearance ????

This is something the JWs are very good at, as long as you look "right", speak the right words, do the hours, your OK, even if everyone knows you are the worst 2 faced person in the congo.!

Hundreds of rules...............just read the bible and follow it, plain, simple and it works, put the WT down and just read Jesus words, yep its that simple.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

one thing they told me (when growing a beard and also when having my hair almost as long as the JW-publications-jesus - ie, one centimeter longer than the JW-publications-JW) was, i should cut/shave because i could "stumble" the others.

i responded that if someone would be stumbled by a beard (what the heck?) they'd be better off talking with that very person, as there seems to be a problem with their faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit