Quotes website: Defending and Legally Establishing -- an Update

by Quotes 101 Replies latest members private

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

mmm...legal jargon makes me moist...

No seriously - this kicks ass - I am so glad you are fighting them on this - copyright stuff gets my interest, especially stuff about the WBTS.

It always galled me how a "teaching/home study course in the bible" group that offers it's literature for "free" (at a nominal donation if desired) could whine about their literature being re-printed so that people could study it and take an in-depth look at it.

Hmm...must just be that the old light is offensive to their own eyes?!

This makes me giddy - best of luck Quotes!!!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I found that paragraph priceless as well sKally/sf.

Power to ya Quotes. Looks like the law of the land is swallowing up the flood waters from the WT dragon very nicely.

• Honesty
    Honesty

1st ROUND RESULTS

Quotes 1

WTBTS 0

• Jez
    Jez

wow. Thank you for fighting back.

Jez

• Quotes
    Quotes

Ezekial: by following "accessability" guidelines, I have left you, the web site visitor, 100% in charge of font size.

If the fonts are too small, it is because you have (perhaps unknowlingly) reduced your requested font size.

Solution:

In Internet Explorer: View --> Text Size --> (choose something bigger)

In Mozilla Firefox: View --> Text Size --> Increase
    (or, hold down CONTROL key and turn scroll wheel on mouse).

• Quotes
    Quotes

AlmostAtheist:

Oh my god, what a fool I've been!

All this time I've been innocently calling it the "BS CD"... and now I realize that "BS" could be interpreted as meaning something other than BOOKSHELF!

Heaven forfend, I'm so embarrased and upset with myself!!!

(wink) ;)

• catchthis
    catchthis

Well hell, if you've come this far with an attorney backing you up, why not go the distance? Why don't you try adding the BoE letters as well? I would like to see what your counsel would say to those being on the web.

• z
    z

BRAVO

• wednesday
    wednesday

Quotes,

Thank u so much for fighting back. It does seem to be a David and Golliah(sp) situation. Just the mention of lawsuit will cause many people to back away. Which is what they hoped u would do. And u look really good too, u even removed a logo and from what I gathered stoped making the BS-CD available to viewers to buy. I think that shows a lot good faith, they are going to look like real bully's if they continue. they are just used to bullying people around; one of us little guys has to win eventually . Don't u know they are kicking themselves for not anticipating the internet sooner and renewning those copyright's? For sure the xjw net world is watching this one.

weds

• one
    one
    Furthermore, a large number of the quotes collected have certainly fallen into the public domain by virtue of the passage of time since the original publication date,

What about the complete BS/CD,? isn't it public domain for years as it was uncontrolled copied time and again... just for being lazy i haven't got a copy of a copy of the BS/CD...

whoever has one available, i am willing to pay "shipping" costs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit