Quotes website receives "Cease & Desist"

by Quotes 286 Replies latest members private

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Quotes:

Back up your web site in case the host shuts it down with no warning to you. They made it clear they don't want to enter into a legal battle. Find a site, maybe that is a little less chicken-shit.

Second: If, and *when*, Quotes decides he wants to fight it, I think a legal fund should be set up. This went on for *years* with the Scientologists (See Scientology vs. The Net -- http://www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/cos/rnewman/home.html) and they intimidated a lot of people, but the few who stood up to them. Don't let these corporate bulldogs drag down every site that teaches the truth about their propagandist bullsh*t.

Country Girl

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Punks. Is there a lawyer in this bunch who can advise?

• kls
    kls

Sf & Blondie are right and you should give it a try.

I know all here will help in any way,,,,lets kick some wt ass and spread the news and put the wt in their true light to the world.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I would definitely bring the media into it, if I were you. As far as I know, as long as you quote the source, you're allowed to post whatever you want. You definitely quote the source. They're scared and they're trying to intimidate you. B*stards.

• under74
    under74

I'm with Blondie. Talk to a lawyer and contact the ACLU to see what they have to say.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Gang up with Watch Tower Observer if you can - class action, combined resources, etc.. Get the media involved. Dont forget the first amendment! A 60-minute raid would be cool, albeit not likely, but any media attention would be useful.

Is this site next? What about silent lambs org? Man these guys are real pissants.

Brenda

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Its like file sharing sites. Once one is shut down open another one up. The WT wouldn't enough resources or money to keep going after every each and every web site.

Will

What's the matter WT afraid of the Truth???

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Quotes:

Please backup your site, if you haven't already! The host obviously does not want to become involved in any sort of litigation, so it may shut you down without a notice!

Second: If you do decide to fight them, I think a defense fund should be set up for you.. it could get quite expensive! (See: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/cos/rnewman/home.html (Scientology vs. The Net)). I don't think that these little sites should be kicked around by these corporate bulldogs! Besides... I don't think "Quoting" things from internet available material is in violation of copyright laws. I don't know cuz I am not a lawyer, I've just read things.

I would hope they wouldn't go to the extremes the Scientologists have, or the Mormons have, but you never know with these wolves in sheeps' clothing!

Country Girrrrrrl

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Maybe we x-jws have just not been militant enough.

Maybe we should start disrupting their Saterday morning service? by following them to each door they go to with some flyers of our own. If they're talking to a householder, walk right up and interrupt.

Walter

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Sure seems the WTS is ramping up for a fight to stop the truth about the Troof.

Quotes, Dirtclod, WT observer...like others have said, is Simon and Slippy next?

I can't speak for everyone, but I would be willing to pitch in & buy merchandise or pay a subscription to support these sites up if it comes to that.

We have to stop the WTS' ?Fiery Steeds of Vengeance? before they gain momentum shutting down sites that are telling the truth about the Troof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit