Quotes website receives "Cease & Desist"

by Quotes 286 Replies latest members private

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I have to nurse my blood vessles for hours after

lol. how does one go about doing that anyway. i'm getting an image of a bunch of corpuscles lined up in hospital beds, tended to by a cat in a nurse's uniform...wearing a bow tie...hehe Nurse Brummie.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Lol, its great fun incense, except for when they all start crying for dyper changes and feeding times. I can barely cope.

Brummie

Incense_and_Peppermints

lol stop you're killin' me, hehe

• Gerard
    Gerard

Scenario 1: The WT can't do anything about it so are limited to legal intimidation. Buy your time and get legal advice.

Scenario 2: The WT has the the copyrights and the money to fight its own recorded bullshit Quotes's web site.

I hope that your valuable work remains online.

• Scully
    Scully

The irony of this situation has not escaped me....

The religion that claims to BOLDLY DECLARE THE GOOD NEWS in its publications wants to keep them from being freely available to anyone who has access to the Internet.

The religion that claims to be the One and Only source of The Truth? does not wish to share The Truth? as freely and as widely as it wants its followers to believe it does.

The religion that claims that the Good News of God's Kingdom MUST be preached in ALL the inhabited earth before the "End" comes is interfering with its own "mission statement".

LOL LOL LOL

Love, Scully

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Quotes, I don't know if this is correct, but someone somewhere else is discussing this. They said that you might make it easy to fall into the fair use category if you kept the site as is but created commentary material that referred and linked to the right pages in your Quote site as if it was the organized appendix to the commentary. This way you could leave the appendix pretty much like it is now. He recommends 10 times as many words in the commentary. I wouldn't think it needs that much. I think the idea is that the commentary might be useful anyway, but if people just used the organized appendix they way they do now, what's the harm? Gamaliel

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    First, I have received word back from my host that WT Lawyers have not, as of today, followed the protocol/provisions of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). (morons)

That's what happens when you pay your lawyers with room & board.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

This may hbave already been covered, but would it be copyright infringement if you actually used THEIR website...as in...
    an inline frame, with the direct link to what is said on THEIR OWN WEBSITE.

it would be alot of work, but unless im mistaken, they couldnt file for copyright infringement for the own website.....

pass me a messege if you are interested...

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Hey Quotes,

this is a good chance to expose the lie that the WT has been putting out for years by putting this in the media limelight. I'm willing to bet the media is sick of the JWs knocking on their doors on Saturday mornings.

I say let them do their worse and let's see how much this can backfire on them!

Yiz

Incense_and_Peppermints
    This may hbave already been covered, but would it be copyright infringement if you actually used THEIR website...as in...
    an inline frame, with the direct link to what is said on THEIR OWN WEBSITE.

it would be alot of work, but unless im mistaken, they couldnt file for copyright infringement for the own website.....

i think they call that "contributory infringement", if you deliberately link to a site that you know doesn't want their stuff posted somewhere other than their site...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit